• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Corona virus affected any cons yet?
7 7

434 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

The universities here in WV have already done this, despite no cases confirmed in the state.

As of yesterday afternoon, right after I got out of class, my university cancelled all in person classes and moved them online for the next month, after which they will reevaluate 

I heard from one of my buddies in Los Angeles that the stores are picked clean. She compared it to The Walking Dead.

Here in Texas, we are having a run on meat, because being quarantined will not stop our barbecuing!

1 hour ago, D84 said:

I heard from one of my buddies in Los Angeles that the stores are picked clean. She compared it to The Walking Dead.

Here in Texas, we are having a run on meat, because being quarantined will not stop our barbecuing!

i just hit up a CVS to get some milk, eggs and cereal and there was barely a line.  Bit more expensive then going to a grocery store but the lack of lines and items I need is golden.

2 hours ago, D84 said:

I noticed the same dang thin, just got back from Sam's club 

I didn't need toilet paper but noticed it was out in store, bare stock shelves limited meats. Did get ribeyes. Sold out of cough drops which I needed in red flavor, all they had was lemon so I passed

Had to go by 2 Sam's club, because my usual doesn't carry alka seltzer plus, the 2nd Sam's was way worse but I only needed the one thing, not too bad....

I bought cigarettes at 1st Sam's club and that line to check out is always small lol

2 hours ago, D84 said:

The stores are far from "picked clean" in LA...  I love how stupid stories spread through over the internet.  Hand sanitiser and for some reason toilet paper are pretty cleaned out. I was able to pick up 3 or 4 bottles up at the gas station a couple days ago. I went to the store yesterday. There were no crowds and the shelves were full of pretty much everything else. Now, Costco, there is a mess...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I noticed the same dang thin, just got back from Sam's club 

I didn't need toilet paper but noticed it was out in store, bare stock shelves limited meats. Did get ribeyes. Sold out of cough drops which I needed in red flavor, all they had was lemon so I passed

Had to go by 2 Sam's club, because my usual doesn't carry alka seltzer plus, the 2nd Sam's was way worse but I only needed the one thing, not too bad....

I bought cigarettes at 1st Sam's club and that line to check out is always small lol

Quit buying cigarettes and you would't be "so poor" and you could buy more comics when the wave of pestilance passes...:baiting:

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The stores are far from "picked clean" in LA...  I love how stupid stories spread through over the internet.  Hand sanitiser and for some reason toilet paper are pretty cleaned out. I was able to pick up 3 or 4 bottles up at the gas station a couple days ago. I went to the store yesterday. There were no crowds and the shelves were full of pretty much everything else. Now, Costco, there is a mess...

I'm going by what my former roommate, who still lives out there, told me.

Screenshot_20200313-120436_Messages.thumb.jpg.66f860089978d1d5be807e1a77676284.jpg

Glad to see things aren't as bad as she made it sound.

Edited by D84

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Quit buying cigarettes and you would't be "so poor" and you could buy more comics when the wave of pestilance passes...:baiting:

alright alright lol you got me, I was just being stubborn yesterday, as I've stated everyone in real time everyone wants me to go even when up in age; we're talking 65-80 who all say go and think you're internet bullies hahaha

and "i'm not poor", as stated, the parents I went grocery shopping today had spent the $300 at Christmas on the con for me, they're not getting the refund :( which may explain their stubborness

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I've been training for this apocalypse most of my life, thanks to movies and video games. See y'all on the other side!

wasteland_4109.jpg

Edited by F For Fake

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I've been training for this apocalypse most of my life, thanks to movies and video games. See y'all on the other side!

wasteland_4109.jpg

I just want you to know that I'm taking you seriously (thumbsu 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just want you to know that I'm taking you seriously (thumbsu 

JUST WALK AWAY

10 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

wasteland_4109.jpg

I'm doing the same thing, but without the shorts.

29 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
36 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

alright alright lol you got me, I was just being stubborn yesterday, as I've stated everyone in real time everyone wants me to go even when up in age; we're talking 65-80 who all say go and think you're internet bullies hahaha

and "i'm not poor", as stated, the parents I went grocery shopping today had spent the $300 at Christmas on the con for me, they're not getting the refund :( which may explain their stubborness

so you throw a jab my way

I correct my behavior and nothing?

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

JUST WALK AWAY

good advice :sorry: 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

so you throw a jab my way

I correct my behavior and nothing?

good advice :sorry: 

The Lord Humungus teaches wisdom!

be84292c862ae579ac69af4b464abefd.jpg

42 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

wasteland_4109.jpg

You disappoint me-you puppy.