• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Corona virus affected any cons yet?
7 7

434 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

My fear is that more irrational behavior will create more panic and cause people to take matters into their own hands 

Given our pretty lax gun laws, this has been going on for years now.   It's just more assuaging psychological fears at this point.  

Example: I have enough anti bac, and Lysol wipes to last for years.  I am not going to get it.  I have enough toilet paper to last my household 1 year.  I am not going to get it.    I have a gun, and now can keep people away from my anti bac and toilet paper...so I still will not get it.

ummm....ok

13 minutes ago, Murphman13 said:

Wake county schools (Raleigh, NC) are closing for two weeks after a teacher has tested positive. 🙁

This is a great example of where we are at currently.   This teacher, who actually got to be tested, probably has 15-20 kids in their class, all of whom have probably been exposed at this point.  Those kids are going home to their parents, siblings and possibly grandparents, who now may also be exposed.   So how many cases are there currently?

We have a massive shortage of ICU beds and ventilators, by far less than what may potentially be needed.  Add any craziness that will happen (see discussion on home self defense) and the system will get taxed even more.   

Edited by GoldenAgeAddict

3 hours ago, D84 said:

5,600 deaths from 149,000 cases does not equal 10%, it's 3.8%.

It depends which country you’re talking about.

Italy’s mortality rate is higher than most and the lockdown hasn’t had the desired effect yet.

meaning, this virus is highly contagious!

It is now officially the end of times.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I JUST put them in the cart and was about to check out... 

Now I have to rethink my whole order. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 6.57.57 PM.png

30 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It is now officially the end of times.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I JUST put them in the cart and was about to check out... 

Now I have to rethink my whole order. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 6.57.57 PM.png

Better make it two packs... to be safe

7 hours ago, D84 said:

I'm going off hard evidence, not hypotheticals of who might have it or possibly get it in the future. 

The reality is that there are WAY more cases than have been confirmed. The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can get back to recovery as a society.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were 1000's of unconfirmed cases in each country. Especially in countries that are barely testing.