• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wild Wacky World of Esoteric Oddball Comics!
5 5

303 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, sagii said:

This Centaur certainly qualifies with its twist on a magician pulling a rabbit out of hat. Love Love this cover :x

20191104_121509.jpg

Very hare book lol

On 3/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, Robot Man said:

Yeah there are some pretty wacky Fawcetts. I mean a potato head with legs?

Hey Marty, been meaning to mention it. The font you are using to post can be pretty hard to read...(shrug)

I agree with about font that is hard to read. It is curious that dyslexics had the chosen mainstream font, Helvetica, over two font forms, which were designed to be readable for dyslexics. Certainly it is not a criticism of all the fonts that have been created for dyslexics, however you can use many tools (runic converter) where you can change font easily.  it does provide developers with a cautionary message: fonts that intuitively seem to enhance dyslexic readability that struggle and therefore reduce readability.

I never knew that but it makes sense. Being a graphic designer with a love of typography I have learned the importance of readability but still maintaining a sense of design. Little things most people don't even know about like kearning make type an art form and encourage readability. People for instance who type in all caps fail to realize the reader feels like they are being shouted at. Also, people who type walls of type without puncutation or paragraph breaks have no idea they are just losing the reader. Type is fun and important!