• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #11, #30 and #51 1939-1942

22 posts in this topic

I've got Action Comics #11, #30 and #51 coverless (Superman only stories) pages. Each comic (13 pages with 7 front/back pages) only contains only the Superman related story and has had their edges neatly trimmed, with holes poked through the left margin. However, on Action Comics #11, a small ad-panel has been clipped from bottom corner of very last page, to which it doesn't affect the Superman story; however, slightly affects Scoop Scanlon story. Does anyone know a fair price would be?

HLr5KGk.jpg

yl2hGnd.jpg

i9EYtks.jpg

here'sa 0.5 action 11 with back cover and centerfold missing and detached front cover-yours should be somewhere in this ballpark
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-11-CGC-0-5-1939-0266116003-1st-Superman-use-of-x-ray-vision/312960074950?hash=item48dddfc4c6:g:c6gAAOSwmnFeKL0G

8 minutes ago, kav said:

wait if youre saying the rest of the books are gone except for the superman pages I revise my estimate-maybe $200 for 11 and like $30-$50 for the others

Yeah, the rest of the book is gone - 11, 30 and 51 just contain the Superman stories, despite being trimmed.

2 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Yeah, the rest of the book is gone - 11, 30 and 51 just contain the Superman stories, despite being trimmed.

I once listed superman 43 on ebay that all the pages were completely separated by termites-just a stack of covers/pages-I was surprised I got $47 for it.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

I once listed superman 43 on ebay that all the pages were completely separated by termites-just a stack of covers/pages-I was surprised I got $47 for it.

Woah really? ~ I'll still mull over this as I'm planning to sell them on eBay ~

2 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Woah really? ~ I'll still mull over this as I'm planning to sell them on eBay ~

yep I just put it for auction and let it ride.  I think thats your best bet for something like this dont do BIN.  let some people fight over it and inflate the value amongst themselves.  dont do 9 day auction either that annoys bidders-do 7 day, let chips fall where they may.  Start at 99 cents to get as many involved as possible.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

yep I just put it for auction and let it ride.  I think thats your best bet for something like this dont do BIN.  let some people fight over it and inflate the value amongst themselves.  dont do 9 day auction either that annoys bidders-do 7 day, let chips fall where they may.  Start at 99 cents to get as many involved as possible.

Really? ^_^ That's awesome but I feel that because I live in England and use eBay.co.uk that it's somewhat different compared to - let's say for arguments sake - the American market ~

1 minute ago, Bart Allen said:

Really? ^_^ That's awesome but I feel that because I live in England and use eBay.co.uk that it's somewhat different compared to - let's say for arguments sake - the American market ~

yes I have no advice for the British market-you would know better about that as to whether to do auction or BIN.  I would do the 51 as an auction to test the waters.  

13 hours ago, kav said:

yes I have no advice for the British market-you would know better about that as to whether to do auction or BIN.  I would do the 51 as an auction to test the waters.  

I shall do that ^_^ Thanks a lot ~

All comments are appreciated :3

Edited by Bart Allen

It far from an exact match but a year or three ago, I bought a bunch of Captain Marvel books at auction. They had the covers and main story only. Rest of books were sliced out. At auction, they sold for less than.$5 a book.  Your should bring more but I've no idea how much more. Start at a high asking price. You can always go down.

I just sold a Special Marvel Edition 15 Mark Jewelers issue. I'd no idea what to price it at so I started at $550 and over two months lowered it to $301 where it sold. You can always adjust downward, it's hard to go up.

On 3/24/2020 at 2:39 AM, William-James88 said:

I agree with the idea of auctioning one off first. if you get a price you're ok with then do that with the other two. And if you don't, then at least you know the FMV and can put a BIN price that suits you.

Well yeah I may do that to be honest - at this rate -; I'll mull over it ~ Yeah, there's not really any base for comparison given the nature of it being trimmed and just with the Superman sections.

On 3/8/2020 at 5:11 PM, Bart Allen said:

I believe even if you list on UK eBay your listings will be available to any eBay country you select to ship to anyways.  That's how it works on Canada eBay where I list, and most of my buyers are from the USA.

Edited by SuperZar

On 4/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, SuperBird said:

The 11 might go for a little, but the others aren't worth enough to worry about. Maybe a sandwich each. :)

True true, haha ~ I'll see how it does, more so 11 (maybe selling them together) ~