• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus's impact on the worldwide box office
3 3

572 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I have video evidence of delivery drivers not even coming to the house at all when they put "recipient not home" in the computer long before there was a virus involved.  This is just a better excuse than they've usually had.

I got to thinking about it, do they just drive to your location to be able to scan the package there, I mean why drive around at all, just go to a bar (:

You can't in Dallas now but I'm sure the liquor store is open lol

Oh and @valiantman I didn't gripe at him, but I did thank him for "at least ringing the doorbell" a little sarcastic even snaggle from yogi  bear comes to mind

FedEx guy just laughed doh!

nFAdvP.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

30 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh and @valiantman I didn't gripe at him, but I did thank him for "at least ringing the doorbell" a little sarcastic even snaggle from yogi  bear comes to mind

FedEx guy just laughed doh!

nFAdvP.gif

He must have read the Fedex coronavirus email sent out to registered customers.

Safety Above All During COVID-19

We recognize the trust you place in us when we deliver to your doorstep, shipping dock or place of business.

That’s why I want to share an update on the actions we are taking at FedEx to keep you – and our team members – safe amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.

“Safety Above All” is something we take incredibly seriously at FedEx. We are listening to recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as we strive to help protect our customers and our team members.

We are giving our team members facts about COVID-19 and reminding them to follow simple but effective steps to keep them safe such as frequent hand-washing. We are disinfecting our facilities and equipment as appropriate. And as always, we are encouraging our team members to take any signs of illness seriously and seek medical attention as needed.

In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, you may have wondered, “Is that package safe to touch?” The WHO has answered that question for us. They’ve made it clear that it is safe to handle a package, even if it comes from a place where the virus has been reported.

WHO: Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)

Is it safe to receive a package from any area where COVID-19 has been reported?

Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, traveled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low. 

As with prior disaster-related situations around the globe, we quickly jumped in to help with relief efforts as the outbreak began, working with humanitarian aid organizations to deliver critical supplies such as masks and disposable medical gloves. I am so proud to be part of a team that is always ready to extend a helping hand to communities in need.

With new restrictions and limitations coming out daily to help contain the spread of the virus, we’ve created a site dedicated to the latest information on how we’re responding to this very dynamic situation. Thank you for putting your trust in us, and we remain focused on serving you.

Raj Subramaniam
President and Chief Operating Officer
FedEx Corporation

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

He must have read the Fedex coronavirus email sent out to registered customers.

What does that have to do with saying I wasn't home when I was...?

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

That was in the other WHO FAQ. You do the research.

:baiting:

I honestly dont know what point you're trying to get across :shy:

I understand it now lol too tired

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

@Bosco685

You're right he did as he was supposed to

I thought that you thought I took issue with it but no

I'm glad he did that

Same with USPS...

I just didn't like him saying I wasn't home, I waited all morning out on the porch lol

Next time I'm going with UPS cause I know how they operate, FedEx delivers on Saturdays, but this is my 1st with them, can't tell if I can trust the drivers lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Bosco685

You're right he did as he was supposed to

I thought that you thought I took issue with it but no

I'm glad he did that

Same with USPS...

I just didn't like him saying I wasn't home, I waited all morning out on the porch lol

Next time I'm going with UPS cause I know how they operate, FedEx delivers on Saturdays, but this is my 1st with them, can't tell if I can trust the drivers lol

Don't even bother reading into it. I am just floored all the coronvirus emails I am getting from all sorts of companies - which is a good thing they are taking it serious.

But what timing for that Fedex email today, and the details included. :foryou:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Don't even bother reading into it. I am just floored all the coronvirus emails I am getting from all sorts of companies - which is a good thing they are taking it serious.

But what timing for that Fedex email today, and the details included. :foryou:

Ya I've been getting them from Sam's club, online apps like mercari etc I'm not a registered member of FedEx, that's my bad I should have expected him to sign. I am glad he rang the doorbell, after my comment and laugh he did say the company had suspended signing, but that makes sense that he can sign for me. He did ask my name but no id check lol

I'm glad the rain let up so I heard the the truck, sigh of relief :)

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I got to thinking about it, do they just drive to your location to be able to scan the package there, I mean why drive around at all, just go to a bar (:

I don't know how close they have to get to my house... but the times they claim I wasn't home are on security video with plenty of recording before and after and they never drove up or tried the doorbell.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

I don't know how close they have to get to my house... but the times they claim I wasn't home are on security video with plenty of recording before and after and they never drove up or tried the doorbell.

This pisses me off about the Amazon Prime delivery drivers. They NEVER ring the doorbell.

It takes a whole 2 seconds to do so, but instead, they'll drop the package near the door, take a picture of it and then bolt.

I'll only know that something got delivered because my Alexa device will go off or I randomly check to see if something I'm expecting has been delivered.