• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus's impact on the worldwide box office
3 3

572 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm skeptical that Top Gun: Maverick will hold its June 24 release date.

We here in Virginia are under a stay-at-home order until (at least) June 10.

‘Top Gun Maverick’ Flies To Christmas Corridor, ‘SpongeBob’ Eyes Late Summer, ‘Quiet Place II’ To Debut Labor Day

Black Widow is taking over Eternals’ Nov. 6 slot, which is setting off an even Marvel pic chain reaction whereby Eternals moves to Feb. 12, 2021 (Shang-Chi’s old date); Shang-Chi moves to May 7, 2021 (Doctor Strange 2’s old date); Doctor Strange 2 moves to Nov. 5, 2021 (Thor: Love and Thunder’s old date), Thor: Love And Thunder moves to Feb. 18, 2022 which was a spot for an untitled Marvel pic. Black Panther 2 remains on May 8, 2022 and Captain Marvel 2 is now set for July 8, 2022, which Disney already RSVPed for an untitled live action pic. That release date change ease with the Marvel movies comes from Disney having control over key juggernaut dates on the calendar.

1 minute ago, paperheart said:

Black Widow is taking over Eternals’ Nov. 6 slot, which is setting off an even Marvel pic chain reaction whereby Eternals moves to Feb. 12, 2021 (Shang-Chi’s old date); Shang-Chi moves to May 7, 2021 (Doctor Strange 2’s old date); Doctor Strange 2 moves to Nov. 5, 2021 (Thor: Love and Thunder’s old date), Thor: Love And Thunder moves to Feb. 18, 2022 which was a spot for an untitled Marvel pic. Black Panther 2 remains on May 8, 2022 and Captain Marvel 2 is now set for July 8, 2022, which Disney already RSVPed for an untitled live action pic. That release date change ease with the Marvel movies comes from Disney having control over key juggernaut dates on the calendar.

Dang, was hoping Black Widow would go Disney+.

9 hours ago, paperheart said:

:screwy: $200MM+ already spent and they're going to put it on a $10 a month platform?

Why not, Netflix does it. The Irishman was 200M. Red Notice is supposed to be the same budget. 6 Underground was 150M. They gave Zack Snyder close to 100M to make a zombie flick.
I could never trade Netflix for Disney+. I already own all the Star Wars and must-have Marvel movies. 

7 hours ago, Grails said:

Why not, Netflix does it. The Irishman was 200M. Red Notice is supposed to be the same budget. 6 Underground was 150M. They gave Zack Snyder close to 100M to make a zombie flick.
I could never trade Netflix for Disney+. I already own all the Star Wars and must-have Marvel movies. 

the Irishman was never going to do $800MM WW. Netflix and Disney do not even remotely have the same business model. 

9 hours ago, Grails said:

With Disney+ as the consolidated effort to reduce the footprint of Netflix, this would force the enrollment even higher. Otherwise, Disney has the unknown right now of theaters being extended pending virus shots and studio schedules crashing into one another now with little breathing room.

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Can’t have both? If you’re into the MCU bet you’ll get it when the MCU shows get into full gear.

I do have both actually. Netflix is free through T-Mobile. Just saying if I had to choose one...

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

the Irishman was never going to do $800MM WW. Netflix and Disney do not even remotely have the same business model. 

Agreed, which is why I appreciate Netflix more for giving us these big budget originals on the small screen.