• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus's impact on the worldwide box office
3 3

572 posts in this topic

AMC sent out an email to its AMC Stubs members.

To our valued A-List members, AMC Stubs members, and guests,

If you are like me, your email inbox has been flooded by communications from companies detailing their responses to the coronavirus. Before I share with you what we are doing at AMC Theatres, I want to take a moment to share with you an optimistic thought.

The challenge that this outbreak represents to you, and to your family, friends and community is likely not similar to anything you have seen before. All of us currently find ourselves having to process our way through uncertainty, understandable anxiety and heightened risk. At some point though, hopefully sooner rather than later, the world will return to normal. Throughout history, people have always risen to meet whatever challenges have been thrown their way — usually emerging stronger than ever.

What is most important now is that you stay safe and healthy. To that end, here is what AMC is doing to help ensure the safety and health of our moviegoers and theatre teams.

Earlier today, AMC announced our detailed plan to ensure a clean and healthy movie-watching environment for you at our U.S. theatres. Most importantly, we have taken bold nationwide action to encourage “social distancing.”

LIMITING SEAT CAPACITY IN EVERY AMC AUDITORIUM

•  To give you more empty space around you within our theatres, we are capping ticket availability to 50% of the normal seating capacity for every showtime in every auditorium at all AMC theatres nationwide. Once we hit 50% of an auditorium’s capacity, movie screenings will show as being Sold Out, even though by definition there will be a large number of unfilled seats. This will begin Saturday, March 14, and for now, will continue until April 30.
•  For those AMC auditoriums with more than 500 seats, we will further reduce bookings to a maximum of 250 people in any case.
•  And, it goes without saying that AMC is actively complying with all current and future federal, state and local authorities’ directives on social gathering.

ENHANCED THEATRE CLEANING

•  AMC theatre teams are following AMC’s stringent health and safety cleaning protocols, which include that every auditorium is thoroughly cleaned between each and every showtime.
•  In addition, AMC has instituted enhanced cleaning protocols, which ensure that at least once per hour within an AMC building, the theatre team is cleaning high-touch point areas, including: kiosks, counter tops, restroom areas, glass, handrails and doorknobs.

GUIDANCE FOR GUESTS AND THEATRE STAFF

•  AMC has mandated that any theatre associate who feels ill is excused from work and should not come to the theatre.
•  We urge all potential guests to stay at home and seek medical assistance if they are not feeling well.

As you may know, AMC Theatres was founded in 1920. For more than 100 years, we’ve taken great pride in making smiles happen every day at our movie theatres around the country. As we enter our second century, AMC remains firmly committed to offering you, as one of our most valued guests, a clean and healthy environment every time you come to enjoy movies at our theatres.

Adam Aron
CEO and President
AMC Theatres

Universal Making ‘Invisible Man’, ‘The Hunt’ & ‘Emma’ Available In Home On Friday As Exhibition Braces For Shutdown; ‘Trolls’ Sequel To Hit Cinemas & VOD Easter Weekend

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-trolls-world-tour-invisible-man-the-hunt-emma-debut-on-demand-in-home-theatrical-window-collapse-1202884570/

19 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Universal Making ‘Invisible Man’, ‘The Hunt’ & ‘Emma’ Available In Home On Friday As Exhibition Braces For Shutdown; ‘Trolls’ Sequel To Hit Cinemas & VOD Easter Weekend

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-trolls-world-tour-invisible-man-the-hunt-emma-debut-on-demand-in-home-theatrical-window-collapse-1202884570/

Hey, you may actually get to see the film you are so opposed to.

(:

25 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

All regal theaters closed.  Just saw a post

13 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Scary times ahead

.. Dallas implementing that dine in restaurants be banned for 7 days, still can order drive through etc carry out

Entertainment such as gym movies bars clubs etc banned

Edit For at least 7 days it said

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

.. Dallas implementing that dine in restaurants be banned for 7 days, still can order drive through etc carry out

If every drive-through window employee touches every credit card or cash of everyone who comes through the drive-through, do they re-sanitize their hands after every car, or is this like some kind of "I'd like to pay for infect the car behind me" pay-it-forward?

Edited by valiantman

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

If every drive-through window employee touches every credit card or cash of everyone who comes through the drive-through, do they re-sanitize their hands after every car, or is this like some kind of "I'd like to pay for infect the car behind me" pay-it-forward?

I'm sure they're doing something, we're not all that :juggle:

I had FedEx come today, put the sorry we missed you on my door then ring the doorbell and start reporting I wasn't home...

I know cause he was on his computer after the doorbell rang and 10 seconds if that long I came to the door, then had to go to the truck to fetch the package, i turned around to go in and the sorry we missed you was already on the door lol

But the point, it was a cgc package and FedEx signed for me when i asked to sign for it, he was wearing gloves

The USPS postman was also wearing gloves lol or virus delivered right to your door lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had FedEx come today, put the sorry we missed you on my door then ring the doorbell and start reporting I wasn't home...

I know cause he was on his computer after the doorbell rang and 10 seconds if that long I came to the door, then had to go to the truck to fetch the package, i turned around to go in and the sorry we missed you was already on the door lol

But the point, it was a cgc package and FedEx signed for me when i asked to sign for it, he was wearing gloves

The USPS postman was also wearing gloves lol or virus delivered right to your door lol

I have video evidence of delivery drivers not even coming to the house at all when they put "recipient not home" in the computer long before there was a virus involved.  This is just a better excuse than they've usually had.