• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How deep do you consider slabbing a set?
2 2

74 posts in this topic

Punisher 2011 Series, I’m close to completing in graded 9.8... my raw comics in the set would grade out at 9.4-9.6, I’d only submit if I knew they would get a 9.8.  I’m on the lookout for the 5 issues I’m missing ( In CGC 9.8) 

. I’ve never pressed a comic, but seriously thinking about it, as a set may be easier to complete. hm

DB374F15-E3A6-4581-8668-2CC57FE94ECB.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm

2 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

It's in my custom sets in my profile.  I'm going to look up your guy's collections in the registry in a second.  I want to see the Dracula's bigger.

There is a bunch of great Tomb of Dracula sets completed, a heck of a lot better than mine @Jasonmorris1000000 👍

Enjoy viewing them. 😃

27 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

There is a bunch of great Tomb of Dracula sets completed, a heck of a lot better than mine @Jasonmorris1000000 👍

Enjoy viewing them. 😃

Hey nepatkm.  I loved your sets in the registry.  I noticed this one wasn't listed though.  Here's my copy.  I'm going to list it for bidding on eBay on Sunday.  There are a lot of 9.6's and 9.8's though so you might not care.  Isn't it the most 70's tastic cover ever?  I'll miss it.

Punisher Marvel Preview #2 a.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Hey nepatkm.  I loved your sets in the registry.  I noticed this one wasn't listed though.  Here's my copy.  I'm going to list it for bidding on eBay on Sunday.  There are a lot of 9.6's and 9.8's though so you might not care.  Isn't it the most 70's tastic cover ever?  I'll miss it.

Punisher Marvel Preview #2 a.jpg

Beautiful copy @Jasonmorris1000000 👍, one of my favorite covers  💀❤️

My copy is only a 9.0, I’m happy with it many memories, it’s located in my Punisher (Complete) set. I will look out for your copy on eBay though as a possible upgrade. 👍

DBB3DF17-3897-4B91-8A12-AEB23A84DD42.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

That electricprune guy in the registry reallllly likes Tomb of Dracula.  I had no idea they were so hard to track down in 9.8.

He has an amazing collection (worship), and is a fantastic person.. He’s helped me out many times with my Punisher collection also, Great Person 👍

Edited by nepatkm

I had a similar experience with SOS_fan.  He had some Swampies I was trying to find so I messaged him to see if he had any duplicate raw copies he wanted to sell, or if he had comic dealer suggestions for me.  Turns out his love of Son of Satan (sorry for turning this into a Bronze Age chat) trumps his love of 1980’s Swamp Thing.  He sold me a 9.9 copy of vol. 2 #27.  It should be here soon.  I’m excited because I don’t own any 9.9’s of anything.

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

Thanks @Qalyar- mostly watching eBay, and submissions. It’s a older (bronze) popular series, so they pop up more frequently for sale than A modern (Copper, modern) series would. 👍 Relatively more available. 

Absolutely agreed there. It is more than a bit ironic that bronze age books in grade are sometimes more readily available than more recent stuff. I've got a run of ~2001 books that are just a nightmare to find HG copies of, despite being readily available as raws.

Meanwhile, because I'm a huge believer in collecting variants (not necessarily in the recent chase-cover sense...), I have to ask: have you considered chasing down the oddities from that ToD run? There are a couple of 35 cent price variants, several (all? -- I'm not sure) pence variants, and a handful of issues with Mark Jeweler inserts! To be fair, that sort of nonsense is why I have to be ... very ... careful ... about which runs I dedicate myself to hunting down. :ohnoez:

On 5/28/2020 at 9:30 PM, Qalyar said:

Absolutely agreed there. It is more than a bit ironic that bronze age books in grade are sometimes more readily available than more recent stuff. I've got a run of ~2001 books that are just a nightmare to find HG copies of, despite being readily available as raws.

Meanwhile, because I'm a huge believer in collecting variants (not necessarily in the recent chase-cover sense...), I have to ask: have you considered chasing down the oddities from that ToD run? There are a couple of 35 cent price variants, several (all? -- I'm not sure) pence variants, and a handful of issues with Mark Jeweler inserts! To be fair, that sort of nonsense is why I have to be ... very ... careful ... about which runs I dedicate myself to hunting down. :ohnoez:

Tomb of Dracula has both 30 (43-47) cent and 35 (56-60) cent variants.