• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I've been lazy about posting new purchases over the last couple of months but I will post this one:

Tec36.jpg

I never buy restored for my "vault" but I made an exception on this one.

I purchased this as a placeholder, I sold my Tec 36 CGC 3.5 last year, but this one is so nice I may keep it as my "vault copy."

Over the past year I've been trying to find another Tec 36 after I sold my last one but I could never find that special copy. All the ones that came to market were either heavily restored, or a slightly off color print (where Batman's eyes are blue), or the PQ was terrible. This copy, albeit restored, finally fell perfectly into my needs. I dont like resto but this one is slight (near spine where tape pull was on front and back cover it appears) and does not affect the Batman image. So I made an exception and to be honest the price was such a steal I am pretty happy! :whee:

I've been lazy about posting new purchases over the last couple of months but I will post this one:

Tec36.jpg

I never buy restored for my "vault" but I made an exception on this one.

I purchased this as a placeholder, I sold my Tec 36 CGC 3.5 last year, but this one is so nice I may keep it as my "vault copy."

Over the past year I've been trying to find another Tec 36 after I sold my last one but I could never find that special copy. All the ones that came to market were either heavily restored, or a slightly off color print (where Batman's eyes are blue), or the PQ was terrible. This copy, albeit restored, finally fell perfectly into my needs. I dont like resto but this one is slight (near spine where tape pull was on front and back cover it appears) and does not affect the Batman image. So I made an exception and to be honest the price was such a steal I am pretty happy! :whee:

Great book (worship)

I was the underbidder, or one of them anyway! lol No worries, glad to see it found a good home. (thumbs u