• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness - Round of 96
7 7

331 posts in this topic

:banana:Welcome to the March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 96 :banana:

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Do not talk about the books in this thread or any other thread. Do not talk to your wife about these books. Do not talk to your friends about these books. Do not talk to your dog about these books.

2. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Use the template I provided to send the grades

3. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

4. Due date for grades for this round is Thursday, March 12th at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

5. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

6. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.
A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)
B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.
C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.
D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

7.  With double cover books, I am only looking for the grade of the outer cover. 

8. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grades assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points
.2 or closer = 18 points
.5 or closer= 15 points
.7 or closer= 10 points
1 or closer = 7 points.
1.2 or closer= 5 points.
1.5 or closer= 2 points
2 or closer = 0 points
Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):
2 books spot on= 5 points
3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

6 hours ago, Kramerica said:

I can't put my grades in until I know who I'm playing. Have they been released? If so where? Or if not is there somewhere we can stand in line to wait for the brackets to be revealed? :ohnoez: I'm freaking out here.

sckao posted a sample bracket page at the end of the previous thread... it looks like you are playing Speedcake. (Unless that page is subject to change.)

9 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

:banana:Welcome to the March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 96 :banana:

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Do not talk about the books in this thread or any other thread. Do not talk to your wife about these books. Do not talk to your friends about these books. Do not talk to your dog about these books.

If I'm reading this correctly, I can talk to my cats about these books.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

When I made the same comment during the 2018 March Madness contest, @comicquant posted the following -- still one of the best pics ever posted here. :applause:

cat.jpg.b2e2bb0c5d0f4b008e8a0fe318761e8d.jpg

1 minute ago, Point Five said:
1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

When I made the same comment during the 2018 March Madness contest, @comicquant posted the following -- still one of the best pics ever posted here. :applause:

cat.jpg.b2e2bb0c5d0f4b008e8a0fe318761e8d.jpg

Gotta agree.  Cracks me up every time I see it. :D