• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More search features?? Hard to find book i want to grade
2 2

3 posts in this topic

I have bunches of books that it appears that CGC and I have real differences in how we determine the name of a comic etc.. The Copyright line has   Transformers: Generation 2 Halloween Special Edition  Vol 1. No. 1. 1993

.TG2Hall.PNG.e81b692061d7a618183653b66c37e02c.PNG

So this is listed under Transformers: Generation 2   #NN     which to me makes it super hard to find in a search as it 1. has a bigger 'official' name    and 2. it has a number so the #NN to me is misleading.. 

I have other books that are super hard to find.. and or even have graded. all the Free comic book Day books have 10 different ways to look them up.. sometimes they are under the main title.. sometimes they are under FCBD some are under Free Comic Book Day.. 

If you try and search for the transformer book in the above area.. And you put in Halloween.. it wont come up.. even Transformers Halloween.. I had to go to ebay and search for it and then i saw that its listed as a NN in the Transformers: Generation 2 group.

Im not trying to rewrite the dictionary here.. but can we get a .. more robust search engine?   IE maybe add the Date and or the "Special notifications" like in this case "Halloween Special Edition" as a possible search field?

• Administrator

Hello @comxdlr,

Thank you for your post. We are always looking to provide the best experience for our collectors and will take note of your suggestions. I am sure that you are aware that the CGC registry needs a few updates and search optimization for slots/sets will be on that list. 

Regarding the Transformers book, CGC will defer to the book's Indicia to determine what title will appear on our label. In some cases, due to label spacing or other factors, we must change the layout or terminology on the label. The official book title would not fit on our label so we had to ensure that the important aspects were included. We also wanted to ensure that we differentiated this was a stand alone book, therefore it was labeled as issue "nn."

8 hours ago, Matt G said:

Hello @comxdlr,

Thank you for your post. We are always looking to provide the best experience for our collectors and will take note of your suggestions. I am sure that you are aware that the CGC registry needs a few updates and search optimization for slots/sets will be on that list. 

Regarding the Transformers book, CGC will defer to the book's Indicia to determine what title will appear on our label. In some cases, due to label spacing or other factors, we must change the layout or terminology on the label. The official book title would not fit on our label so we had to ensure that the important aspects were included. We also wanted to ensure that we differentiated this was a stand alone book, therefore it was labeled as issue "nn."

Though i agree about the registry, i was also talking about submitting books.. :)  I do understand that the label has limited space, its just very hard to submit books that arent 'normal'    Will watch for updates to the search feature, I only use CGC for grading books..sometimes it just takes a long time to find books when trying to add them to the order form.

Thanks