• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Beyond #1

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I just recently purchased a 9.2 Batman Beyond #1. I verified it and all so it’s legit but it seems to be missing the key comment of “first appearance of Terry McGinnis” now I understand it’s missing it on the 11/99 but mine is a 3/99 which means it should have it so is this just a misprint? I have visuals below of the comic itself and the description from the CGC site. Whoever has answers let me know...

771BEBA3-C06D-4BCC-A0D4-44206D93A2DC.png

EEB40F36-C2D9-4E65-838C-09572AC6EA69.jpeg

How it works when you enter a Certification # into CGC's verification tool is that it calls up the information from their database. The Grade, Page Quality and Grade Date are specific to that copy and will reflect what's on the label, while the rest is generic for the issue, and may have info that has been updated since any particular copy was graded.

there may be some value to contacting CGC about it directly, there may a way to resolve the issue.

6 hours ago, revat said:

there may be some value to contacting CGC about it directly, there may a way to resolve the issue.

4 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Sadly, only CGC can help you here, better post in the sub forum called "ask CGC"

There is no issue, nor is there any help available. The notes for the issue have changed since this book was submitted. The only way to resolve the so-called problem is to resubmit (reholder) to get an updated label (and case), which would seem to be nothing but a waste of money.

Luckily, the Key Comments really DO. NOT. MATTER.

8 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

There is no issue, nor is there any help available. The notes for the issue have changed since this book was submitted. The only way to resolve the so-called problem is to resubmit (reholder) to get an updated label (and case), which would seem to be nothing but a waste of money.

Luckily, the Key Comments really DO. NOT. MATTER.

It only matters for flippers... lol