• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, jimjum12 said:

This thread has been here a while ….. things were less particular back then. It actually had a big influence on my emerging interest in Atlas, which I knew very little about at the time. I think the reason the thread was here in the first place is that the publisher was associated with Golden and Atomic and with the limited interest in the mainstream market, this Forum has become the "catch-all".... which always seemed convenient to me. You're right that some of them are technically SA, but I don't know if I've ever met anyone who considered them that. With a very robust thread in SA about the Pre Hero Monster books, it seems that most folks consider those to be the de facto beginning of Marvel's Silver Age. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Exactly, post-code pre-implosion Atlas books are of far more interest to Golden Age collectors than strictly "Silver Age" fans. I don't consider them SA except in the loosest sense of code approved books from the 50s being SA. Sure, they aren't exactly GA either, but fall into that Atomic Age catch-all category of non superhero 1950s books.

8 hours ago, adamstrange said:
  10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

By the way, I wish you guys would stop apologizing for the condition of your books. These are nice shape. Even if they aren't, it's just great to see them at all. There are those of us who appreciate them the way they are instead of a stupid number in the upper left corner...

+2

This one sold in my recent thread, so it's not spam..... but I thought some of you might appreciate it. It's an Atlas romance with a Russ Heath cover ….. plus it also has a Matt Baker story, although this one was heavily inked by Colletta…. which is not a bad thing, he just makes the work more his own when he inks. GOD BLESS....

DSCN6942.JPG

Here's another that went out the door ……… this is a book that I would love to have a Circle 8 copy of …. plus it's a De Carlo book :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

DSCN6939.JPG

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Here's another that went out the door ……… this is a book that I would love to have a Circle 8 copy of …. plus it's a De Carlo book :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

DSCN6939.JPG

i like your new avatar jimjum !! now i won't get you mixed up with the other guy that had the same avatar !!

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i like your new avatar jimjum !! now i won't get you mixed up with the other guy that had the same avatar !!

I snagged it from the Pulp thread …. it's a Virgil Finlay cover from an issue of Amazing Stories. GOD BLESS....

PULP1.jpg

13 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

This one sold in my recent thread, so it's not spam..... but I thought some of you might appreciate it. It's an Atlas romance with a Russ Heath cover ….. plus it also has a Matt Baker story, although this one was heavily inked by Colletta…. which is not a bad thing, he just makes the work more his own when he inks. GOD BLESS....

DSCN6942.JPG

You think that a Heath cover is going to be enough to get the cool kids collecting Atlas romance? :baiting:

LoveRomance80.jpg

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

You think that a Heath cover is going to be enough to get the cool kids collecting Atlas romance? :baiting:

LoveRomance80.jpg

romance is so un-cool it's become the new cool   :preach:

speaking of cool, that's one beauty of a really impossible book to find in anything approaching grade.  And I like the two signed Heaths a lot more than the two signed Everetts.  I wonder if they had to twist these guys arms to work on these books?  But to me it looks like Heath was maybe enjoying the change of pace and was getting into stretching into a more realistic milieu.  I should have made it to one of the war dinners, I would have asked him about this.  Ah well.

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

But to me it looks like Heath was maybe enjoying the change of pace and was getting into stretching into a more realistic milieu.  I should have made it to one of the war dinners, I would have asked him about this.  Ah well.

I did ask him about this book and romance art.  It was not definitely not his thing!  He much preferred Westerns, war and realistic adventure (including Sea Devils as he was scuba diver).

Just stumbled onto another Everett war story :cloud9: … I could probably cheat and make a list from the creator list on www.atlastales.com …. but that would take the fun out of the unexpected surprises. GOD BLESS....

ATLAS BATTLEFIELD 8 interior (2).jpg