• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Just stumbled onto another Everett war story :cloud9: … I could probably cheat and make a list from the creator list on www.atlastales.com …. but that would take the fun out of the unexpected surprises. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ATLAS BATTLEFIELD 8 interior (2).jpg

Is this your first time reading Battlefield #8?

2 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

Is this your first time reading Battlefield #8?

Yes..... first one I've ever had …. but that's likely because I'm too picky for my own good . GOD BLESS....

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Mailman brought me one I've been after for years. This one always seems to go to the moon when ever one comes up for sale. This time, I just decided to bite the bullet and grab it. Glad I did. The photo doesn't do it justice. Very deep, rich color on this copy.

Outstanding cover by Bill Everett featuring what I think was an homage to Bill Gaines and Al Feldstein. Had to have it!

comstrangetales50.jpg

Any died in the wool E.C. Fan Addict should have one :headbang: GOD BLESS...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mailman brought me one I've been after for years. This one always seems to go to the moon when ever one comes up for sale. This time, I just decided to bite the bullet and grab it. Glad I did. The photo doesn't do it justice. Very deep, rich color on this copy.

Outstanding cover by Bill Everett featuring what I think was an homage to Bill Gaines and Al Feldstein. Had to have it!

comstrangetales50.jpg

Great pickup RM! That's them alright. Wish I knew the story behind the creation of this art. An homage or a friendly jab? Oh and I always hear the Traveling Wilburys song when I see this cover too! (thumbsu

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

Edited by Jayman
Pics

1 hour ago, Drahcirh said:

Been hunting this one for years, finally added it to the collection.

Scan_20181011.png

New one to me since I don't collect romance, but it's fantastic! Congrats! :applause:

Welcome to the boards!

Edited by Jayman

32 minutes ago, Jayman said:

New one to me since I don't collect romance, but it's fantastic! Congrats! :applause:

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks! I don't collect a ton of romance myself, but the cover on this one grabbed me when I first saw it and I'd been hunting for it since. 

I don't post often, but I'm always lurking - figured it was a good one to show off. 

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

Picked these up a few weeks ago at a local show. Western Kids are #1 and #2, chock full of Romita art. Apache Kid #13 turned out to be a dupe. doh! I need to enter Western titles into my notebook and not work from just my memory.

WK1.jpg

WK2.jpg

OF4.jpg

AK12.jpg

Apache13.jpg

Been there, done that lol

Really nice books, Rich. Big fan of the Maneely cover on Outlaw Fighters

1 hour ago, TheWatcher said:

Been there, done that lol

Really nice books, Rich. Big fan of the Maneely cover on Outlaw Fighters

Yeah, I like that one, too. Despite the stars on the cover, they’re decent looking copies. There were others from the same collection, too, but I can only handle so many westerns at once.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Nice ones! Hey don't feel bad I do that sometimes too. You can always sell or trade your under copy. At least it wasn't expensive. Sure seems like Atlas and Timely had a lot of "Kid" comics.   lol

Already listed on ‘bay!

Some dupes I’ll keep or sit on but I’d rather put the money of Apache Kid towards something else.

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

When they put the word "Action" in the title of this series, they definitely meant it!

When the artist's signature is "Russ Heath" you know there will be action!