• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
25 25

9,258 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

This book turned up in a collection... I don't see it often. After looking at it, I'm sure inclined to think that many of the folks in the "audience" are members of the Atlas Bullpen. I'm seeing what looks like Stan, Jack, Maneely, Brodsky, Tuska ….. probably more. The art is attributed to Fred Kida. I'm sure this has been discussed before, as Atlas is one of the most thoroughly researched publishers of the 50's. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

IMG_4587.JPG

If you look at the faces they're all the same.  He varied the hair and structure slightly, but there is a fundamental face that he was drawing.  Look at the guy on the right, behind the lady in the bottom corner.  Then follow him back and to the left.  It's the same face.  Even the pudgy guy behind his left shoulder has the same face.  It doesn't look like he was drawing the bullpen to me.