• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,274 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I love Al Williamson! I was on a binge a few years ago picking up as many Atlas I could find with his work. There are loads of them in all genres. 

I think his ACG work is also very underrated. Second only to his EC work. 

I found an exceptional Williamson story in an Atlas romance book a while back. If I can find it again, I'll post some shots. I wouldn't be surprised if Frazetta ghost-inked a few panels... they were close friends and something like that wouldn't surprise me. Another artist whose stories in Atlas books is always a pleasant surprise is Angelo Torres. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

All of those are fantastic.... but that last one.... it's tough in any shape above good. Atlas war is so cool..... I'm especially happy with the one I just got from your sales thread. I'm struggling to leave it in the slab... I prefer them raw but it's top census (...I think). Thanks for letting it go, Chris. Battle Ground has always been one of my favorite titles for Atlas, even though it doesn't have the early 50's material that was especially gnarly, like War and Battle. GOD BLESS....

ATLAS BATTLE GROUND 3.png

One and only graded currently so it is the highest :)
https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Battle+Ground&publisher=Atlas+Comics&issue=13&year=1956&issuedate=9%2F56

Awesome book ..... I almost grabbed it myself but the CFO would not have been happy hahahah. 

I always liked Atlas a little, but when I started trying to help Frank finish out his complete Marvel collection from 1957 to 1979, I just kept noticing how cool they were... next thing I knew, it was hopeless for me. That BG 3 is actually a little tougher than some of the others in the title, and the Heath cover clinched it. GOD BLESS...

25 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I always liked Atlas a little, but when I started trying to help Frank finish out his complete Marvel collection from 1957 to 1979, I just kept noticing how cool they were... next thing I knew, it was hopeless for me. That BG 3 is actually a little tougher than some of the others in the title, and the Heath cover clinched it. GOD BLESS...

Battle-ground 2,3,4,12 & 14 covers all really stand out. Some really great cover work by Heath, Maneely & Severin in the run (IMO). Seems as of late the old war books are getting a little more attention. Last show I attended there was even a few dealers who had wall space devoted to older war books. 

Just now, 707comics said:

Battle-ground 2,3,4,12 & 14 covers all really stand out. Some really great cover work by Heath, Maneely & Severin in the run (IMO). Seems as of late the old war books are getting a little more attention. Last show I attended there was even a few dealers who had wall space devoted to older war books. 

I like that and also don't like that lol .... the prices for buying were better when it was just me and 6 other guys scattered across the globe who wanted them. GOD BLESS....