• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,274 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2019 at 9:23 AM, PopKulture said:

This Everett cover is one of my favorites of the run:

49522040.1fad9853.800.jpg

Very nice one Jim! The colors are beautiful on that!  I don't have many Everett war covers that jump to mind. Except this one. Such a horrifying situation. Everett really captured the emotion of the moment well on this haunting cover. Took me quite a while to find a decent copy.

comensadvs14.jpg

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Very nice one Jim! The colors are beautiful on that!  I don't have many Everett war covers that jump to mind. Except this one. Such a horrifying situation. Everett really captured the emotion of the moment well on this haunting cover. Took me quite a while to find a decent copy.

comensadvs14.jpg

More than half of Everett's Atlas war covers were water-related by my count.  It would be interesting to know if that was his preference or an editorial decision.

OK, another year is winding down.... here's a festival bump for the thread with a Burgos cover masterpiece, with 4 stories by Joe Maneely and one by Bill Benulis…. a real cool title. You could tell Maneely was having fun with the character. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DSCN9190.JPG

Here's another "Portrait Book" …. this time knocked out of the Park by Carl Burgos. Interior fodder is provided by Roth, Forgione, Wildey, and Sale. GOD BLESS....

DSCN9194 (2).JPG

We see the Everett's and the Heath's and they're fantastic, completely deserving of the market share they command, but don't think the Atlas train stops there. This cover is sheer masterpiece for it's genre, a very strong effort by Fred Kida. GOD BLESS....

DSCN9192 (2).JPG

Edited by jimjum12

33 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Unfortunately for you guys, I might have the night off, which means you might get bombarded with a half dozen Atlas oddballs today. This one here is one of my favorite Maneely covers.... he spent some time on this one... the hatching is exquisite. There are several of what I call the "Portrait Books" that occurred on Atlas books in the 50's. This is one of those. Inside are stories by Heath, Sale, Ayers, Benulis, and Sinnott. GOD BLESS....

DSCN9193.JPG

Bachara Maloof had the original art to this cover for sale a few years back.

6 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Bachara Maloof had the original art to this cover for sale a few years back.

I saw that in a Convention thread..... I was blown away by that. He turns up some amazing pieces. GOD BLESS....

Have you ever overlooked a book and didn't really notice it until after you sold it ? This one has a Sol Brodsky cover that I really wish I had kept …. the more I look the more I see. GOD BLESS....

DSCN8899.JPG

Edited by jimjum12

Here's another "Portrait Book" …. a Western that is attributed to a tag team effort by Brodsky and Burgos. I used to own the Overstreet copy of this one, sadly, no more.I suppose this is a good time to make my yearly website tips..... for information and scans of all things Atlas, no genre too obscure, is

www.atlastales.com 

….. while he is far too modest and professional to pimp his own site here, www.bedrockcity.com has a large group of very pretty Atlas slabs.....for the discriminating collector. 

GOD BLESS.....

ATLAS WILD WESTERN 43.jpg