• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,274 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, fifties said:

Bought it a long time ago, for a few bucks.  If you just want to read it, go here; https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Men-s-Adventures/Issue-26?id=127156

I love my copy too,one of my prizes,up there with Mystic #28.

And thanks for the link!

2 hours ago, fifties said:

Bought it a long time ago, for a few bucks.  If you just want to read it, go here; https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Men-s-Adventures/Issue-26?id=127156

Well that's a good bit of luck for you then! I've read it online before, definitely a good set of stories. I've been trying to get a copy for myself, but it's pretty elusive (shrug). I just started collecting GA and I've been trying to put together some sets of Atlas stuff that have a low number of issues like Mens Adventures and Menace.

25 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Well that's a good bit of luck for you then! I've read it online before, definitely a good set of stories. I've been trying to get a copy for myself, but it's pretty elusive (shrug). I just started collecting GA and I've been trying to put together some sets of Atlas stuff that have a low number of issues like Mens Adventures and Menace.

Atlas can be challenging, even in low grade. It took me 15 years to put together the Bible Tales For Young Folk run, only 5 issues, in the Fine range.... and my #5 just looks Fine in the bag. I've always been drawn to books that take more than just money to collect.... something you really have to beat the bushes for. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Atlas can be challenging, even in low grade. It took me 15 years to put together the Bible Tales For Young Folk run, only 5 issues, in the Fine range.... and my #5 just looks Fine in the bag. I've always been drawn to books that take more than just money to collect.... something you really have to beat the bushes for. GOD BLESS....

Jim, have you ever seen or heard of high grade copies of those?  I haven't. 

3 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

If you'd be interested in this issue, PM me.1209422383_MensAdv5cover.thumb.jpg.828d0e0e530027704c5ee2f81849806b.jpg

2 hours ago, buttock said:

Jim, have you ever seen or heard of high grade copies of those?  I haven't. 

Damonwad has a raw 8.0 of #2 that I foolishly passed on because I didn't want the rest of my run to look bad ... that's the only one above fine for me.... GOD BLESS.....

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Got copies of these two perennial Heath classics back in the house again..... You can see the shadows from the ripples in the water on the Submarine on # 4 …. I think Russ Heath was the only artist I know of to be able to effectively pull that off. GOD BLESS....

DSCN9245 (2).JPG

DSCN9249.JPG

He did it so well, but there's a USS Stevens out there where Glanzman nailed it too.  

On 1/16/2020 at 9:02 PM, AJLewandoski said:

I always mention this site to folks who've recently embarked on the Atlas journey.... 

www.atlastales.com

It is absolutely indispensable when hacking your way through the jungle that is Atlas. This thread is another good resource, with many knowledgeable collectors who have decades of experience with the publisher and don't mind sharing info. GOD BLESS....

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Just got an astonishing 4 in the mail- I am trying to complete the Marvel Boy run- I now have Marvel boy 1 and 2 and astonishing 3 and 4. I should only need 5 and 6 as far as I know? Lol 

I love the way it evolves  over a couple issues from super hero to horror. 

3C32CD7E-A013-448B-8710-5E6567B727C9.jpeg

Congrats, great book!

I had to do a double-take at the pic, as I thought that label was a pink eraser at first glance. I thought you were doing some dry erasing cleaning! :whatthe:

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Just got an astonishing 4 in the mail- I am trying to complete the Marvel Boy run- I now have Marvel boy 1 and 2 and astonishing 3 and 4. I should only need 5 and 6 as far as I know? Lol 

I love the way it evolves  over a couple issues from super hero to horror. 

3C32CD7E-A013-448B-8710-5E6567B727C9.jpeg

Great book and one of the last Atlas horror books I still need. I wonder if that sticker could be removed professionally? 

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Great book and one of the last Atlas horror books I still need. I wonder if that sticker could be removed professionally? 

I was thinking of the same thing and thinking about looking into it... we shall see. But I do think it adds some character!

38 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Congrats, great book!

I had to do a double-take at the pic, as I thought that label was a pink eraser at first glance. I thought you were doing some dry erasing cleaning! :whatthe:

Thanks! LOL- not me.. I leave that stuff to the professionals if i even go down that path,

John Severin :cloud9:

He's often overlooked due to the Everett's, Heath's, and Maneely's …. but Severin to me is every bit as worthy of notoriety as they are. GOD BLESS...

DSCN9197.JPG

6 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

John Severin :cloud9:

He's often overlooked due to the Everett's, Heath's, and Maneely's …. but Severin to me is every bit as worthy of notoriety as they are. GOD BLESS...

Without a doubt! I was looking at some Wyatt Earp's today and thinking the same thing. I had first laid out a trio of Maneely Earp's and marveled at their graphic punch, and then a trio of Severin Earp's and drank deep of their grace and craftsmanship. :cloud9: