• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
25 25

9,251 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

John Severin :cloud9:

He's often overlooked due to the Everett's, Heath's, and Maneely's …. but Severin to me is every bit as worthy of notoriety as they are. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I've been a massive fan since my young young lad days when I first noticed his black and white work in some old Cracked magazines,some early ones when they were still comic sized I lucked into :cloud9:.I marveled at those pages over and over-being used to mostly gold key,Charltons it was such a delight!

16 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I've been a massive fan since my young young lad days when I first noticed his black and white work in some old Cracked magazines,some early ones when they were still comic sized I lucked into :cloud9:.I marveled at those pages over and over-being used to mostly gold key,Charltons it was such a delight!

When compared to Gold Key books, Severin looks like Albrecht Durer.

Don't get me wrong: it's tough to beat a Gold Key painted cover, but the interior art is pretty basic. :juggle:

10 hours ago, PopKulture said:

When compared to Gold Key books, Severin looks like Albrecht Durer.

Don't get me wrong: it's tough to beat a Gold Key painted cover, but the interior art is pretty basic. :juggle:

Yeah,it was,still is a little disappointing going from say,Tragg riding a horned,plated beast or a chameleon monster slithering from a chandelier on a Karloff book to the rather bland insides.Still worth it imho.The hero titles were hard to come by around here-when my uncle gifted my dad early BWS Conans,that was another life changer.

Sorry to fly off topic,I'll dig up an Atlas or two 100798.jpg.970ab2ba46aa3cafe350288a1b896a99.jpg102122.jpg.1fdffbb5f8934ff4becc7a2d878fe59a.jpg

Ah.knew I had some in the files-Jimbo may recognize one of em

Edit -the back door lol yes,have the mentality of an immature thirteen year old

Edited by porcupine48

5 hours ago, buttock said:

I had a nice copy of this book a while ago that I let go in a trade.  I've regretted it ever since, so when I saw this copy last week I had to buy it.  Of course it was the first book I saw when I walked into the room.  The Everett story inside is a real gem.  

MVIMG_20200127_194200.jpg

Wow - I was bummed I couldn't make the So Cal Con - but can;t say I would have seen this before you - congrats!

5 hours ago, buttock said:

I had a nice copy of this book a while ago that I let go in a trade.  I've regretted it ever since, so when I saw this copy last week I had to buy it.  Of course it was the first book I saw when I walked into the room.  The Everett story inside is a real gem.  

Was that the one Harley Yee was selling?  I think he had it graded at a 9.2.

6 hours ago, buttock said:

This musta set you back the rent payment, but nice pickup and a good read! 

That Men's Adventures 22 is certainly a crown jewel... so many Atlas books don't even exist in that grade. Both Terry and Harley were both always good for carrying good supplies of better Atlas books, but neither seem to come this way much anymore. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, buttock said:

Where did you get Everett?  That looks pretty clear Colletta to me.  

+1