• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
25 25

9,251 posts in this topic

First Atlas in a looong time.

Battlefront # 4 - All Jerry Robinson issue. His art is different from much of the other in the Atlas stable. I know it's almost a ridiculous statement since they were all different (no house style) but, still, given his small output for Atlas, it is different. His soldiers are lanky and twisted at times. Definitely different. The benefit of these Robinson Atlas books are nice clean uncluttered covers -

534107021_Battlefront4.jpg.976f8fe130432cbacd2bc828ae0fde5e.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jayman said:

One of my favorite Atlas war books

Awesome copy.

Can someone educate me about what the soldier in this image is using? It looks different or is the perspective messing with my eyes?

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Awesome copy.

Can someone educate me about what the soldier in this image is using? It looks different or is the perspective messing with my eyes?

Agreed, love the colors on this one!

If I had to guess it is a "grease gun" (M3 .45) but I am not certain. They were utilized at the end of WW2 and more extensively during the Korean war from what I understand.

1200px-M3-SMG.jpg

Edited by 707comics

10 hours ago, Scrooge said:

First Atlas in a looong time.

Battlefront # 4 - All Jerry Robinson issue. His art is different from much of the other in the Atlas stable. I know it's almost a ridiculous statement since they were all different (no house style) but, still, given his small output for Atlas, it is different. His soldiers are lanky and twisted at times. Definitely different. The benefit of these Robinson Atlas books are nice clean uncluttered covers -

534107021_Battlefront4.jpg.976f8fe130432cbacd2bc828ae0fde5e.jpg

Agreed.  And while he has a distinctive style (his noses are the tell for me), he was also fluid enough that at times I have a hard time recognizing his work. 

11 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Awesome copy.

Yeah Grease gun would be the closest match. I’ve seen copies for sale with flame thrower cover used as the description. :facepalm: I guess the discharge could be mistaken for flames...

What drew me to this book initially was the fire red-orange cover. It really is a pretty book in hand, but realizing it is a Robinson issue cover to cover is pretty cool. I imagine if it was all Heath or all Everett this book would be higher in demand for collectors.

Edited by Jayman

13 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Yeah Grease gun would be the closest match. I’ve seen copies for sale with flame thrower cover used as the description. :facepalm: I guess the discharge could be mistaken for flames...

What drew me to this book initially was the fire red-orange cover. It really is a pretty book in hand, but realizing it is a Robinson issue cover to cover is pretty cool. I imagine if it was all Heath or all Everett this book would be higher in demand for collectors.

Agreed. I had never seen the book before until the moment I saw it posted on the boards for sale and didn’t care less who the artist was, I just loved the overall cover image.

32 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

FINALLY! After over a year of chasing, tracking and searching I managed to grab a copy of this book. This is one of very few books I was actively chasing, and I hadn't seen any copies for almost 12 months. Then out of the blue over the past few weeks 4 popped up one after another, go figure (shrug)

1603991631961753517785179658191.jpg

Great cover(thumbsu

53 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

FINALLY! After over a year of chasing, tracking and searching I managed to grab a copy of this book. This is one of very few books I was actively chasing, and I hadn't seen any copies for almost 12 months. Then out of the blue over the past few weeks 4 popped up one after another, go figure (shrug)

I bought my copy years ago because of Ken Hale, Gorilla Man.  I love that character and the Heath cover

33 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I bought my copy years ago because of Ken Hale, Gorilla Man.  I love that character and the Heath cover

Those are the best reasons to go after this book, in my opinion of course (thumbsu Only one more "Agent of Atlas" left to go, but I dont think I'll be finding a Marvel Mystery 82 in my price range anytime soon...