• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
25 25

9,255 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, buttock said:

Finally sprung for a scanner that does slabs, so I have a couple to contribute.  I'm really not looking forward to scanning all of my raw books. 

Nice! I lucked out getting a legal sized scanner from my job that wasn’t being used. My boss said just take it! So nice scanning slabs in one pass, right? That Circle 8 is a thing of beauty too! :x

5 hours ago, JimButlerGA said:

Which scanner did you get? The images look great

HP Scanjet 8300.  It's incredibly easy to use.  Pay for the scanvue software & you can get the settings to work on most books. 1st & 2nd gen holders can be a little wonky, as can yellow covers.  But with a little tinkering it's pretty easy.

Eh eh, I have absolutely NP scanning slabs, because the books are "jailbroken" as soon as I receive them, so everything is in the raw.  Hell, how else could I read them?

BTW, I had bought a copy of that JIUW 46 that Rick posted, at the corner newsstand in 1956.  A few months later bought a copy of Showcase #4.  All given to my little brother who promptly lost them.