• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
25 25

9,256 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Tough's an understatement, I think.  Not a single copy of this six issue run has been graded -- unless they're hiding somewhere mislabeled on the census.

I've got these two and would love to track down the others.

RAD42FF32017328_13533_zpsfjwdaefo.jpg

Great Hartley cover with lots of nice little touches.

I'm assuming a pretty tough book also.

12 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I think there's a two on eBay right now.

I spent last Christmas break reorganizing the entire collection so I am in great shape finding stuff at this time :banana:

Thanks for the heads up but it's hard to buy that one so soon after seeing Sqeggs' s copy.

Picked this up at the Hall of Fame City Comic Con in Canton, OH today. Cover caught my eye as I was diving thru the box, think its Carl Burgos.

Most of got too much sun glare on the book because it looks much better than my crappy pic.

-bc

uncanny_tales_27_cropped.jpg

Edited by bc

40 minutes ago, bc said:

Picked this up at the Hall of Fame City Comic Con in Canton, OH today. Cover caught my eye as I was diving thru the box, think its Carl Burgos.

Most of got too much sun glare on the book because it looks much better than my crappy pic.

-bc

Love this book, congrats! :applause:

And I agree, sometimes scanners/cameras highlight books flaws more than they actually are.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:42 PM, bc said:

-bc

That run had some great covers.  There's a sales thread going on now that is offering all (or most) of them.

Have you ever come across something comic book related on the Internet only to find later that you are unable to locate the image you saw? That happens to me all the time with the most recent occurrence involving the first page of the last story in War Adventures #7. After much fruitless searching, I had all but given up hope of ever seeing what I soon figured was just a dream. As it turns out, I was very much awake when I first laid eyes on a story whose opening moments so intrigued me that I became determined to prove its existence. I am relieved to say that I have done just that thanks to this thread which inspired me to take one last look on atlastales.com and in so doing stumbled upon what I thought was lost in cyberspace.

2445_o.thumb.jpg.2e42ddc05d233dc4190b4785f3d7d095.jpg

Edited by creaturefan95