• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

I picked these up at an antique advertising show from a dealer friend of mine who found them at a sale right down the street from his house. The lady who was selling them bought them as a child, along with some Spooky and Casper comics I did not pick up. It's pretty cool to get a big chunk of any Atlas run in one fell swoop. Here's a group shot until I have time to scan a few of my favorites:

45834644.a7c62478.1024.jpg

On 11/13/2017 at 8:19 AM, zzutak said:

Mid-grade copies of two of my favorite PCH covers.  Harry Anderson never disappoints.  I believe the UT #20 may be Sale's only horror cover.  1954 was a very, very good year!  :headbang:

Ast-32-Pet.jpg

Unc-20-Pet.jpg

Love how the buildings and fence wrap around to frame in the werewolf on the Astonishing. You can just here the editor saying " I said vampire, not werewolf! Ah, let's just go with it!" :grin:

On 11/13/2017 at 5:19 AM, zzutak said:

Mid-grade copies of two of my favorite PCH covers.  Harry Anderson never disappoints.  I believe the UT #20 may be Sale's only horror cover.  1954 was a very, very good year!  :headbang:

Ast-32-Pet.jpg

Unc-20-Pet.jpg

Two tough ones to find in good shape!

7 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

I love the colors and staging on this one. In my mind, one cool book:

I agree. Great book.

The main figure on this cover is lifted from a Pin-Up page that appeared in # 10 - That helps explain the issue with proportions.

BlackRider10Pinup1s.jpg

Edited by Scrooge

16 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I agree. Great book.

The main figure on this cover is lifted from a Pin-Up page that appeared in # 10 - That helps explain the issue with proportions.

BlackRider10Pinup1s.jpg

Very cool insight! He does loom rather large on the cover, doesn't he?

A few Homer covers - Issue 14 sports a galloping ghost football cover:

46069126.87e47597.800.jpg

I love his ghoulish friends on this cover:

46069122.cdfbb5f2.800.jpg

And I like this cover because it was recycled on the first issue of the 1970's reboot of the title:

46069118.12221ded.800.jpg

Edited by PopKulture