• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

Great Astonishing!

Here's a book I've not seen without ink damage on the front cover, as if the books were assembled and stacked while the ink was still wet. Can anybody show a copy without such flaws?

sus23.jpg

Great Astonishing!

Here's a book I've not seen without ink damage on the front cover, as if the books were assembled and stacked while the ink was still wet. Can anybody show a copy without such flaws?

The White Mountain copy didn't have those problems so it's not universal. I traded it so unfortunately can't provide a scan.

Great cover and the story sounds cool. Is it still a "classic" in your view?

Here's one seldom offered for sale. It contains, as Overstreet formerly noted, a "Classic" Everett story.

mt94.jpg

There is a strong VENUS feel to that book, and the Marvel Logo contributes along with the red dress and the blonde heroine. Interesting all right!

Hey Povertyrow! I was actually responding to the question about whether I still consider the story a "Clasic Everett," even though Overstreet no longer lists it as such. I'm glad you like the cover with its Venus (who else could it be?) cover. For my money, Venus 13-19 are probably the neatest comic books PERIOD, with special emphasis on issues 16-19. I consider Everett's art in these 4 issues nonpareil. So fear not, I did not take your post as belittling in any sense.

venus17a.jpg

Thanks for posting the splash to Spectacles of Doom! That is too cool.

I'm definitely going to have to find a nice copy of that MT.

As far as "Cartoonist's Calamity" it's cloud9.gif If there's a finer combination of Everett story/art, I haven't seen it. There are a few stories that come close in the Atlas Sub-Mariners and there's a spectacular story in Namora 2, but I get bowled over every time I see Cartoonist's Calamity.

They had a nice copy of Venus 17 at Heritage and I wonder if the buyer has any idea of the stories inside.