• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

This book is very cool. All of the blacks are matte and super dark while the logo and the panel images are all printed glossy. It makes the cover look like a velvet painting...

uncannytales03.jpg

55 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

This book is very cool. All of the blacks are matte and super dark while the logo and the panel images are all printed glossy. It makes the cover look like a velvet painting...

Which velvet paintings are we talking about here? The ones of Elvis or the dogs playing poker?? 

Of course, my memory is unclear if the dogs is actually a velvet painting or just a hanging rug. It's been a while since I've seen either in those smoke-filled taverns of my youth...

A friend tells me there is a museum for velvet paintings, though I've never been. I believe it's in the L.A. area along with all the other kooky stuff - the Velveteria, I think.  :foryou:

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Which velvet paintings are we talking about here? The ones of Elvis or the dogs playing poker?? 

Of course, my memory is unclear if the dogs is actually a velvet painting or just a hanging rug. It's been a while since I've seen either in those smoke-filled taverns of my youth...

A friend tells me there is a museum for velvet paintings, though I've never been. I believe it's in the L.A. area along with all the other kooky stuff - the Velveteria, I think.  :foryou:

Elvis. Definitely Elvis.

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

Little bump for my favorite thread, posted in a war thread too, but its Heath so a double post is in order:

KTGQDa9.jpg

I always liked how they had the word War twice on this title. Actually it says the word war one more time at the top so it reads War, War, War! (thumbsu

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, Straw-Man said:

have bid on this book many times, but never hog-wild.  finally won the dang thing.  love this cover.

Uncanny Tales 18.jpg

Has a Nazi concentration camp story in it with Hitler appearance too! (thumbsu