• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,284 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicjack said:

I love to turn the book upside down the art is amazing 

Ha! I was just looking at it upside down on my phone as you posted this! (thumbsu

7 hours ago, MusterMark said:

For all the talk recently about CGC severely under grading books these days, this one does not feel like it was under graded, at least to me.

Ha.  I wish.  Not too long ago they cross-graded a 9.8 CBCS book for me and found that it was a 9.6.  Has anyone ever got a comic cross-graded which got a higher grade by CGC?

20 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Ha.  I wish.  Not too long ago they cross-graded a 9.8 CBCS book for me and found that it was a 9.6.  Has anyone ever got a comic cross-graded which got a higher grade by CGC?

I haven’t done any crossover grading myself but have seen many other people report on having done it, and only rarely do I recall that happening. 

On another related note, last year I did take some CGC-slabbed books to a con (they’d been graded by CGC a few years prior).  CGC itself cracked them out at the CGC booth, and had them signed by an artist.  (They were SA and BA books).  Then CGC graded them again.  Half came back the same grade.  Half came back one grade increment lower than before.

24 minutes ago, MusterMark said:

I haven’t done any crossover grading myself but have seen many other people report on having done it, and only rarely do I recall that happening. 

On another related note, last year I did take some CGC-slabbed books to a con (they’d been graded by CGC a few years prior).  CGC itself cracked them out at the CGC booth, and had them signed by an artist.  (They were SA and BA books).  Then CGC graded them again.  Half came back the same grade.  Half came back one grade increment lower than before.

Oh no.  Just recently I had 6 9.8’s cracked open to be signed and regraded.  I’ve never done this before.  Hopefully I don’t live to regret it.

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000