• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,274 posts in this topic

When I was a kid in the late 1970's, Marvel released a What If comic in which Jimmy Woo, Venus, Gorilla Man (Ken Hale), M-11 The Human Robot, and Marvel Boy (Bob Grayson) formed a super hero group.  I love that issue and since I had all of their first appearances, I sent them into CGC because I thought they'd look cool displayed next to each other.  I'm still looking for a graded 9.8 copy of that What If? issue if anyone out there has one for sale.

I'm close to completing a full set of Venus. I'm just missing the romance issues now.

Venus #01 a.jpg

On 7/24/2020 at 3:24 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

When I was a kid in the late 1970's, Marvel released a What If comic in which Jimmy Woo, Venus, Gorilla Man (Ken Hale), M-11 The Human Robot, and Marvel Boy (Bob Grayson) formed a super hero group.  I love that issue and since I had all of their first appearances, I sent them into CGC because I thought they'd look cool displayed next to each other.  I'm still looking for a graded 9.8 copy of that What If? issue if anyone out there has one for sale.

I'm close to completing a full set of Venus. I'm just missing the romance issues now.

Venus #01 a.jpg

This is a beautiful book (thumbsu, but I wish CGC would get their labels straight with Timely/Marvel/Atlas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no Atlas titles in 1948.

3 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

This is a beautiful book (thumbsu, but I wish CGC would get their labels straight with Timely/Marvel/Atlas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no Atlas titles in 1948.

I think we need a comic historian’s help because I’m not sure.  This is funny.  Namora #1 came out in the same month and year and the label says “Timely”

Namora #1 a.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000