• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burnaby (CANCELLED) Comic Swap Meetup Sat. April 18, 2020 Safeway room next to Burquitlam skytrain. FREE admission.

2 posts in this topic

Burnaby Comic Swap Meetup on Sat. April 18, 2020 at the Safeway Community Room on the 3rd floor next to Burquitlam Skytrain Station at Clarke Road (essentially North Rd) at Como Lake Road on the Coquitlam side of the border. This Meetup is btwn 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. patterned after the Seattle Comics and Craft event which is targeted towards more serious comic book, mag and art collectors. A variety of vintage comic book dealers and some brand new vendors will be setting up for a nominal fee.

As the vendor tables are small, each dealer is allowed to bring a maximum of 3 short boxes or about 2 longs of comics and paper collectibles to assure a nice mix. Please pmail me if you wish to reserve a small table, as space is limited.

Load in/out via 2 freight elevators to the mezzanine level of Safeway. Collectors can park for free for 2 hours at Safeway covered ground level. Recommend that vendors park next door at Burquitlam Plaza strip mall (uncovered) for free up to 4 hours. Sorry, no Funko Pop.

ntQIDLI.jpg

Guest speaker of honor will be @427Impaler , the chief conservator of Excelsior Conservation Inc. The Professor will share his vast wisdom about comic conservation vs. restoration. He is scheduled to speak and offer a before and after comic slide show btwn 1:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. including a Q & A period.

Hungry? There is a Safeway Cafe and Starbuck's at ground level. Please do not bring any outside food or drink (e.g. McDonald's that is across the street), as it will not be allowed on the 3rd floor per Safeway's rules of use. More information and a map is on my Facebook and Instagram under "Burnaby Comic Swap" Meetup.

To keep track of the head count, please register at Eventbrite.ca FREE ticket

Vendors so far who have expressed early interest in setting up include:

Mediagraphics, Comic Adventures, aardvark88, @Fan Boy, Adrian C, Mister Ed, the Architect, Rick from Abby and perhaps Errol from Abby.

What else can you squeeze out of aardvark88 for FREE? May be able to access free Safeway wi-fi from the 3rd floor mezzanine area. Hope I don't lose my shirt trying to build stronger relationships for the Vancouver suburban comic book community.

Edited by aardvark88
Cancelled by Safeway Canada & Covid-19.

Sorry to report that even though my Comic Book Swap Meetup is small, Safeway Canada has cancelled my prepaid boardroom reservation along with ALL room bookings from now to about April 30, 2020 due to Covid-19 scare in the Vancouver, BC area. 2 other local area cons have today been cancelled but these have attendance and dealers that add up to about 250 head count:

Postponed from Sat. March 14, 2020 BC Toy Expo in Cloverdale, BC.

Cancelled from Sat. March 28, 2020 Verne Siebert's Pop Culture Swap (comics, toys, etc.). Stay healthy fandom.

I told Safeway Canada to keep my prepayment, as I plan to rent the same boardroom in the summer:

awhTPxZ.jpg