• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA COMIC BOOK Collecting in the Financial crisis of 2020
3 3

908 posts in this topic

It's a great summary of how markets ebb and flow.  It should serve as a reminder for everyone to be calm and patient. Your only way too lock in losses is to sell during market dips. The same is true with collectibles. Don't panic sell during dips. 

I think collectors should kick back, be patient, look for good buying opportunities and otherwise enjoy their collection. 

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

It's a great summary of how markets ebb and flow.  It should serve as a reminder for everyone to be calm and patient.

This also serves as a good reminder that it's always wise to ensure you have diversification in your investments.  hm

Although the financial equity markets always seems to be the main item in most people's investment basket, it never hurts to also have a bit of real estate and for vintage comic book collectors like us, your basket also looks a lot more attractive with some vintage collectible comic books in there on days like this.  (thumbsu

6 hours ago, KCOComics said:

Maybe it's the kid in me, but I can't wrap my head around thinking of comics as an investment, despite there obvious value. 

I think it's because I just enjoy them to much lol. The art, the stories, the history.  I enjoy investing to... At least I did until the last few weeks.  

But as my kids school shuts down, there are no sports on and all the cons have been cancelled, I can't think of a better time to break open some 1950s Atlas and EC tales about society crumbling and virus outbreaks...  Or monsters. 

A man after my own heart; I couldn't agree more!  And my normal "M.O." in the late evenings is to read either my pre-code crime or horror comics for an hour or three.  And I've got a helluva lot of them to read, eh eh.

15 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I know I made my largest purchase in my collecting career last Friday so either I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or I am a genius.  I am leaning more on the insufficiently_thoughtful_person side but not because of the purchase.

7828083F-E8B8-4ECB-BADF-607EDF79AE74.jpeg

That's incredible !!

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm looking to sell all my high grade golden age Supes for pennies on the dollar if anyone is interested? :grin:

Hey, even Chuck paid a dime a book! (tsk)