• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness - Round of 48
4 4

240 posts in this topic

4. Due date for grades for this round is Sunday, March 15th at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

I would submit them post-haste....

My area just went into Shelter-in-Place mode until April 7, so we are not in normal times.... (7 million people)

Edited by sckao

29 minutes ago, sckao said:

4. Due date for grades for this round is Sunday, March 15th at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

My area just went into Shelter-in-Place mode until April 7, so we are not in normal times.... (7 million people)

@Comicdey get those grades in buddy - even if you have to rush the process.

1 hour ago, sckao said:

Oh man, stay safe sir!

2 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

There are 25 total possible grades CGC gives...4 before you even get to 2.0 (G to us old-schoolers).  Not counting NG.  So after 2.5...we have 12 possible grades up to 8.5.  Nine (9.0) and up gives us 5 more grades to 9.8.  (9.0/9.2/9.4/9.6/9.8) (doesn't count Ebay grade of 9.5).  Let's throw out 9.9 and 10.0 as unicorns and settle on 23 possible grades.  You have a 1 in 23 chance to nail a bullseye.  Not bad compared to the Lottery but pretty challenging when it comes to a grading contest.  Even if you narrow the grade down to a quarter of that you have about a 1 in 6 chance of nailing a bullseye.  'Dem bullseyes are tough to come by...all the more amazing when the super-graders are so accurate.  My hats off to those guys, but when you get down to books that could easily be one of 3 grades (half the 1/6 percentage and now a third) Vegas will tell you your odds are still about 15 to 1.  Numbers for thought...something to take my mind off the other thing...

That is quite the analysis.

Even if @Comicdey only gave it a 5 minute look using a broken screen phone-- I gotta think they have a relatively better shot at advancing than not submitting. Better to have tried and lost than to never tried at all.

But as I recall -- they are one of the stellar competitors in these grading contests (former winner?).

Edited by 01TheDude

11 hours ago, sckao said:

I think the "or when the last team submits its grades" is a reference to the round potentially ending early.  I don't think anyone not submitting their grades ever extends the due date.   I'm not arguing for or against, just saying what I think the rule is trying to say.  But BUTM is running the show, so he will make the call on his rules  :rulez:

16 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I think the "or when the last team submits its grades" is a reference to the round potentially ending early.  I don't think anyone not submitting their grades ever extends the due date.   I'm not arguing for or against, just saying what I think the rule is trying to say.  But BUTM is running the show, so he will make the call on his rules  :rulez:

You make a valid point -- but as BUTM was clearly delayed due to travel anyway, it seems like the decent thing to do (or offer) to those who need it. I guess @BlowUpTheMoon can make their own call upon return. 

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

Completely agree with this assessment.