• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metamorpho first appearance outlook

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone besides me think that it's a good idea to grab the first appearance of Metamorpho in Brave And The Bold #57? I think it's seriously undervalued, considering how popular the character is. If a movie does ever come out on this character, considering that he first appeared way back in 1965, I think it'll shoot up like a rocket. I mean, it's not like the first appearance of Venom or Wolverine, where there's a million copies of those comics floating around. 1965 is somewhat scarce, especially in better condition. Ideas?

this character was cool enuff so that when i became a marvel zombie in '64 and left d.c. behind, this was the one title i kept buying for awhile.  eventually the go-go checks drove me away, but i did grab a few of the later issues after they mercifully dropped that gimmick.

A grossly under rated title - great art and stories.  I don't know about under priced though.  What makes you feel that it's undervalued?

As far as the go go checks go...I loved them back in the day.  To each his own I guess.

23 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Does anyone besides me think that it's a good idea to grab the first appearance of Metamorpho in Brave And The Bold #57? I think it's seriously undervalued, considering how popular the character is. If a movie does ever come out on this character, considering that he first appeared way back in 1965, I think it'll shoot up like a rocket. I mean, it's not like the first appearance of Venom or Wolverine, where there's a million copies of those comics floating around. 1965 is somewhat scarce, especially in better condition. Ideas?

YES. This book is awesome. Though Metamorpho isn't the biggest character, he is awesome, and you can't beat that Ramona Fradon art. I've a nice 6.0 copy and would definitely recommend picking it up even if its just to have the book. It doesn't need the potential to shoot up in value for it to be worth picking up. (tho it does have that potential)

Metamorpho took off really fast back in the mid 60's but after a few years fizzled out. I was a big fan of him and the Metal Men and was sad to see the demise of their titles by decade's end. As a matter of fact, it seemed that just about everything I liked back in those days got canceled: Aquaman, Captain Action, Doom Patrol, Deadman, Green Lantern/Green Arrow, Doctor Strange, X-Men, Silver Surfer...….

Edited by Jaylam