• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key Ring Comics

16 posts in this topic

@telerites Hi Jeff :hi:

Nice to see you posting here , even if you didn't have a mind blowing collection - which you do (I stalk your My Slabbed Comics posts :shy:), you are a true example of a class act, and you bring a aura of community camaraderie to the Boards when you're here which is a great contribution in itself. Get well soon :angel:

Oh, and super scarce books there. golden age oddity for sure. 

@sagii Hey Corey @thunsicker Hey Tim

Thanks for the kind words.  You both have always been so welcoming and friendly.  I have to admit, I drool over both of your collections.  I still have hopes of getting back here in full swing.  I still check to read posts mainly here in the GA forum which always feels like home and everyone here wants to help each other.  Best forum on the boards.

Hi Jeff, sorry to hear about the continued health issues - you’ve certainly been through a lot. :sorry:

Never heard nor seen these oddball books before, nor heard mention of Hanks doing the artwork. Very cool though!

34 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Hi Jeff, sorry to hear about the continued health issues - you’ve certainly been through a lot. :sorry:

Never heard nor seen these oddball books before, nor heard mention of Hanks doing the artwork. Very cool though!

Hi Steve. I know you have had struggles too.  Hope you are doing well and staying safe.

Yes it is frustrating but life goes one.  My biggest time consumer is tending to my mom.  Her alzheimers just seems to get worse on a daily basis.  Really disturbing and horrible to witness.  She also has very bad AFib.  Also, about a month ago, my ex-wife called me and told me her breast cancer had returned and has been diagnosed as Stage 4.  She survived Stage 3 and has been remission for roughly five years.  Being Stage 4 in her bones evidently it is terminal so it has really torn my daughter up.  The kiddo is in grad school so she is already under stress.  Crazy how things seem to cluster up.

Back to more enjoyable topics, I really thought the below panel was more classic Hanks although I am not a Hanks collector, from what I have see, it looks kind of like the Stardust strip.

1535825683_flectcherpanel.thumb.jpg.72a7d574449dd5ad951f8fb6089e76f8.jpg

Nice to see your post Jeff and i have never seen those odd balls at all in my travels.Life can be tough and we have no idea why but we have a hobby we can lose ourselves within for escape.I love we all take a different path with our books and stuff we accumulate.Some great stuff you have shown us over the years and i too love the rare ones.(thumbsu

Edited by comicjack

Don't forget the Stamps comics that had a circle where you were supposed to punch out.  Not sure about a binder but stamps were supposed to go in one so may be related.

Also, the double punch hole was more common back then.

The irony of the three hole target holes and these actually punch with only a double hole.

img445.jpg.fe848fecf72e0840510e3978baa7c8ab.jpgimg446.jpg.a4fa91782d82a0f42a6905ca2cd2becc.jpg

I love the summaries at the bottom of each page.  

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Jeff.  I hope better times are just around the corner.

7 hours ago, ft88 said:

Don't forget the Stamps comics that had a circle where you were supposed to punch out.  Not sure about a binder but stamps were supposed to go in one so may be related.

Also, the double punch hole was more common back then.

The irony of the three hole target holes and these actually punch with only a double hole.

I have seen copies of these, Ed, but never owned any.  Were they regular US postage stamps or something else that were pasted in?

Edit - I see on the cover they look like stamps from worldwide. 

Edited by telerites

2 hours ago, catman76 said:

I love the artwork, but it looks nothing at all like Fletcher Hanks' work. Probably just someone with he last name Fletcher.

Thanks.  Like I said, I am not a Hanks aficionado so I wasn't sure.  Did Hanks sign his stuff?

The somewhat similar resemblance of Stardust gave me pause. 

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

I love the summaries at the bottom of each page.  

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Jeff.  I hope better times are just around the corner.

Hi Jeff.  Hope you and the family are well and able to limit travel with everything going on.

Thanks for the kind words.

18 hours ago, telerites said:

Thanks.  Like I said, I am not a Hanks aficionado so I wasn't sure.  Did Hanks sign his stuff?

The somewhat similar resemblance of Stardust gave me pause. 

Thanks again.

He signed some work as Fletcher Hanks, mostly the Stardust ones, but most with made up names like Barclay Flagg, Hank Christy and others. But his style is unmistakable.