• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anyone ever call this number? 1-900-288-XMEN
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I called a 900 number once just to here the intro...

I used to call on the pay phone at my private school

Because for some reason I could put in the number without a quarter and wow my friends lol

21 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Being that it was 1-900 number, my guess is that you wouldn't have to worry about battling the X-Men's deadliest enemies but rather battling mom and dad when the phone bill came in...

Probably had to have been at least tree-fiddy per minute.

@jsilverjanet

I never called this one; but there was a Spider-Man 1-900 number I would estimate around 1990 or 1991 ish.  I was around 11.

It was trivia.  Where they would ask a question and give multiple choice.  If you continued to get the answers correct you advanced.  Get one wrong and you reset.

I called it.  Then I called it again.  And Again.  And Again.  It was a ritual for a few weeks until I "won a grand prize".  I was given a code which I wrote down and later lost.  I was dumb, dumb, dumb and naive. 

1 month later; I get a call from my father while I am at my buddies house;  He was IRATE!  "GET HOME RIGHT NOW!"

When I walk through my front door I see my Father.  He's holding a letter from our Phone company.  It is our bill for the month.  Apparently we were charged somewhere between $600-$1,000.  I know it was over $500; $1,000 seems high; but it was absurd.  My memory is not as tight as it should be. Irregardless; It. Was. A-Lot.

They had me hook line and sinker.  My family was below middle class; so this was a huge hit.  I do not recall if my father was able to get any of it disputed.  I doubt it.  I did work for years to help repay.  :insane:

Edited by bounty_coder

20 hours ago, bobotski said:

Me thinks there are more interesting 1-900 XXX-(Wo)Men numbers to call back then :devil:

lol i think I was trying to call those numbers from payphones back in the day lol..