• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay extortion
1 1

28 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Galan of Taa said:

Seller just canceled the order. I guess I don't get a say in it? I hope I can leave negative feedback. The sale disappeared off my history and I am now waiting for a refund. Pretty much all eBay is allowing me to do right now. Frustrating. 

As I recall, if he cancelled the transaction you won't be able to leave feedback...

22 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

As I recall, if he cancelled the transaction you won't be able to leave feedback...

I would still watch the section of orders in My Ebay. I've had orders go sideways, the order doesn't show up for a while and then it pops back in.

Wait until you are totally refunded before leaving any feedback.

You can still leave him negative feedback even if he cancelled it.  Ebay has made it harder to do once it has been cancelled but it is still possible.  Just look up and copy the item #, go to the feedback forum, click leave feedback, search by the item # and then you can leave feedback.

For future reference... and the seller was/is Wrong...

Priority Mail rates increased this year, envelope is $8.00 (1-2 books packed properly) and medium box (6-7 books packed properly) is $15.00 for anywhere in the USA including Alaska and Hawaii so how does he explain needing more $ to ship to CA, was he driving it there himself?, is he asking for hazard pay for having to go to the post office?

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

For future reference... and the seller was/is Wrong...

Priority Mail rates increased this year, envelope is $8.00 (1-2 books packed properly) and medium box (6-7 books packed properly) is $15.00 for anywhere in the USA including Alaska and Hawaii so how does he explain needing more $ to ship to CA, was he driving it there himself?, is he asking for hazard pay for having to go to the post office?

Just to add a little something - if you purchase your postage through Paypal, it is a little bit cheaper.  

I'm not sure how much longer this will be an option though as I got the dreaded "managed payments are coming" email from eBay the other day.

Just look at the postage on the envelope when it arrives?  If it cost him what he requested then he didn't overcharge, if he did give negative feedback and be done with it. 

Edited by spreads

On 3/15/2020 at 9:03 PM, mattn792 said:

The guy is a thief.  He could priority flat rate you a raw book for $7.15.  $13 to ship one raw book is absurd in and of itself, but asking for another $8 after you've already paid is weak sauce.  Take the seller to task.

He could do it 1st class for $4 and change