• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella 1 Club
8 8

278 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, piper said:

I think 🤔 you did pretty good! 

I bought my 7.5 copy about two years ago for $450. (I was a little later to the party.)

I have had some good luck finding high grade magazines lately, especially Frazetta covers (Creepy 16, Vampirella 5, 7, 11).

I’m getting pretty close to having a 1-20 run. After this current buying spree, I need 13, 16, 17-19.

Yes you have had some good luck. Your books are very nice indeed. Careful this whole Warren horror thing is addicting. 

1 minute ago, wombat said:

I paid about $100 each for my 5.0 and 6.5 about 4-5 years ago. One of these days I should buy the graders notes on these. I thought they were nicer. 

They do look much nicer.

1 hour ago, Hamlet said:

Wouldn’t Vampirella 1 be a better cover if she had giant guns and a bunch of pouches?

You should post your copy!  Hamlet’s got a pretty impressive collection but he doesn’t like to brag about his books.  In fact, come to think of it, Hamlet and Oakman are fans of a lot of the same stuff- big Spidey fans and Warren connoisseurs!  :headbang:

3 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

You should post your copy!  Hamlet’s got a pretty impressive collection but he doesn’t like to brag about his books.  In fact, come to think of it, Hamlet and Oakman are fans of a lot of the same stuff- big Spidey fans and Warren connoisseurs!  :headbang:

Yep!

4 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

This was the only Warren I had for ages-

267EC4C0-0347-454B-8CC6-62828E31A727.jpeg

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

100114.jpg.6a3cbdfe2a52e161900c543df509485f.jpg

Love it, man!  I’ve owned several copies and I never get tired of seeing it.  I feel like scanning the original painting from my Sotheby’s catalog but I’d have to censor it which is kind of sucky.

3 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Love it, man!  I’ve owned several copies and I never get tired of seeing it.  I feel like scanning the original painting from my Sotheby’s catalog but I’d have to censor it which is kind of sucky.

Censorship always stinks!And thanks man!Imagine how excited I was to own the set at thirteen!I sort of like that they have the holes-a little sad now I didn't keep them as is-,I can read them casual(but still with care) without worrying  much about damaging

4 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I paid 800.00 in 2014 for a CGC 9.2

I dont know if that was too much or too little at the time. I saw it and it was a pretty copy, so I snagged it. I knew it would be tough to get as high a grade or higher later down the line.

To anybody who is collecting magazines (or probably any collectible), it’s worth pointing out how Oakman managed to knock down much of his collection.  I remember reading a post years ago wherein he talked about purposely going after the biggest books first and then working his way down to infill the rest.  In doing so, he probably saved himself huge sums of money given how much prices have escalated.

I’ve been collecting for over 40 years and never quite figured that out.  :frustrated:

10 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

To anybody who is collecting magazines (or probably any collectible), it’s worth pointing out how Oakman managed to knock down much of his collection.  I remember reading a post years ago wherein he talked about purposely going after the biggest books first and then working his way down to infill the rest.  In doing so, he probably saved himself huge sums of money given how much prices have escalated.

I’ve been collecting for over 40 years and never quite figured that out.  :frustrated:

Before I adopted my two boys I was able to save about 8K or so a year for big keys that I wanted in my collection. I'm glad I did that back then, because with two boys there is almost no extra cash to go around. So yes my philosophy is definitely get the big books first. 👍

18 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Before I adopted my two boys I was able to save about 8K or so a year for big keys that I wanted in my collection. I'm glad I did that back then, because with two boys there is almost no extra cash to go around. So yes my philosophy is definitely get the big books first. 👍

Imagine buying AF 15 now!  :flamed: