• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDC RECOMMENDS AGAINST GATHERINGS OF 50 OR MORE

6 posts in this topic

CDC RECOMMENDS AGAINST GATHERINGS OF 50 OR MORE

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/when-will-sports-coronavirus-shutdown-end-experts-say-months-not-weeks-unless/ar-BB11eJyK?ocid=spartanntp

Centers for Disease Control suggested, in fact, the shutdown would last much longer. The CDC recommended “that for the next 8 weeks, organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.”

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/15/816245252/cdc-recommends-suspending-gatherings-of-50-or-more-people-for-the-next-8-weeks

Be careful even if you attending a smaller show,  especially if live with or plan to visit an elderly or high risk person 

Edited by Golden Memories

If you want to call me chicken  little for urging my friends and fellow collectors to exercise caution and be safe for a couple of months and promoters to be smart and reschedule spring shows, so we can all have a safe and profitable summer then so be it. people are making the mistake of assuming that because the death rate is low, that its no  big deal, People who get this report horrific symptoms which can leave lasting damage. 

This affects more me  then most,  I make my living from these shows, and have already had more cancellations then I can handle. BUT  I understand, this will pass and I'd rather sit out the next 2 months then take a foolish gamble. 

I mentioned before That I caught a wicked flu at c2e2 which I am still fighting, and covid spreads much more easily The Big shows with the recycled air and crowded conditions, are simply not viable right now.  So if you want to call me chicken little, then cluck you my friend 

Fellow Chicken Littles:

The CDC, Nba, professional Baseball, Professional Hockey, The States of NY, Ca, OHIO, and Washington , Most Colleges in the USA , The NYC school System , The Countries of Spain and Italy, EVERY SINGLE LARGE CONVENTION IN COUNTRY,  NASCAR, Every single St Patricks day celebration, Disneyland, Ncaa March Madness and hundreds more 

Edited by Golden Memories

Diamond rep told me this morning they are making an announcement later today about the postponement of Free Comic Book Day (which is 3,000 gatherings of 50+ people all in the same day).

I just hope they aren't silly enough to postpone to June only to have to postpone again. Throw a dart at August or September and hope life is normal by then.

Cineplex Silvercity movies in Canada just closed for about 20 days. Re-opening Sat. March 4, 2020. Sorry, no cheap Tues. movies for today when several retail chains are closed also or just offer take out/drive thru food/drink. Time to stream excellent Westworld season 3, if u like Bladerunner theme.