• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has Anyone Seen this Comic?? (Loved for a Long Long Time)

13 posts in this topic

So I recently picked this comic up from 1979 at local flea market for $0.50. Its an "alternative to abortion" promotion comic. It's pretty cool and details a girl who chooses to keep an unwanted pregnancy against her friend's and mother's advice. I scanned the internet and both CGC and GoCollect don't know of this comic. I'm in Indiana and the address headquarters the publisher in Indy, so this could easily account for my finding it and it's scarcity. It reminds me of the "Hansi" swastika book that is pretty popular. Does anyone else have a copy of this book or know anything about it?

LOVEDLONGTRIME.jpeg

LOVEDLONGTRIME 1.jpeg

Edited by HuddyBee

The comic has a date stamp inside for a town about 10 miles from mine. Also the ordering instructions for more issues and the price reductions for more volume make me think this book might have been printed to order.

7 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Isn't there any info on the front inside cover at the bottom ?

There are more stories akin to the ones on the back on the inner cover. The only information inside is the writer, artist, and "originator," along with the date and address.

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

The colors, font and 75 cent price sure remind me of the religions comics published by companies like Spire.  Is there any indica information?

The only thing I can find is "IRTL Education Fund" as shown on the back. The date stamp says it was distributed by "[my] county right to life," which is kinda interesting.

Edit: IRTL stands for Indiana Right To Life. They must be the publisher.

Edited by HuddyBee

Just now, HuddyBee said:

The only thing I can find is "IRTL Education Fund" as shown on the back. The date stamp says it was distributed by "[my] county right to life."

Grand Comics Database 

https://www.comics.org/issue/1806398/#2376192

They may appreciate your cover scan.

1 hour ago, HuddyBee said:

So I recently picked this comic up from 1979 at local flea market for $0.50. Its an "alternative to abortion" promotion comic. It's pretty cool and details a girl who chooses to keep an unwanted pregnancy against her friend's and mother's advice. I scanned the internet and both CGC and GoCollect don't know of this comic. I'm in Indiana and the address headquarters the publisher in Indy, so this could easily account for my finding it and it's scarcity. It reminds me of the "Hansi" swastika book that is pretty popular. Does anyone else have a copy of this book or know anything about it?

Wow -- great find, and clearly not a common book!  :applause:

I've been a fan of the Spire line since it first came out: I have never seen this book before, and it is clearly intended to evoke Spire's trade dress and overall vibe.

The title also reminds me of this:

Thanks A LOT for sharing it...!

Edited by jools&jim