• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Adventures 12 (GRADE IS IN)

49 posts in this topic

Just now, Randall Ries said:

That is so cool. They ARE in nice shape. These are the only two GA books I have left:

AllStarNo7.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Gorgeous copies and love the war cover! That’s pretty cool you have the 1st Supes/Batman in a story. I have the first time they learn each other’s identities.

FE6F64B7-E142-499E-89F4-28181387DA8A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Gorgeous copies and love the war cover! That’s pretty cool you have the 1st Supes/Batman in a story. I have the first time they learn each other’s identities.

FE6F64B7-E142-499E-89F4-28181387DA8A.jpeg

That one has always been on my radar. Nice grade, too! What a beauty! Aw. So many books so little cash.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling AS #7 is going to pop at some point. It's undervalued IMO. The whole series is, I think.

Edited by Randall Ries

5 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

That one has always been on my radar. Nice grade, too! What a beauty! Aw. So many books so little cash.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling AS #7 is going to pop at some point. It's undervalued IMO. The whole series is, I think.

Those early All Star issues can get pretty stupid expensive, #3 and #8 of course being the main draws. I’ve never thought of issue #7 to be honest, but you could very well be right, as well as some of the others. Just like my #76, I wouldn’t call it an exceptionally key book by any means, but 1st appearance together is pretty cool. 

Edited by LDarkseid1

4 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Those early All Star issues can get pretty stupid expensive, #3 and #8 of course being the main draws. I’ve never thought of issue #7 to be honest, but you could very well be right, as well as some of the others. Just like my #76, I wouldn’t call it an exceptionally key book by any means, but 1st appearance together is pretty cool. 

I always thought #76 was absolutely a key book.

There is a thread here on the boards concerning All Star Comics that was very informative. Gave a nice synopsis of every issue and its importance (or not) in the pantheon.

6 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I always thought #76 was absolutely a key book.

There is a thread here on the boards concerning All Star Comics that was very informative. Gave a nice synopsis of every issue and its importance (or not) in the pantheon.

Really, ok well maybe it’s “more” key than I thought. A 9.4 just sold for a very impressive amount, so it’s definitely not a cheap book lol. And I’ll have to go check out that ASC board.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, comicginger1789 said:

That book looks like it was just printed. Better than some that were just printed (actually better than most things just printed). 

Books like this blow my mind. Even when these books hit the shelves brand new, there were no boards or protection. Some 16 year old kid was unpacking them onto spinner racks so some 12 year old kid could buy it, read it, and toss it aside. 

How books survived 60+ in such amazing condition that guys like us debate over 2 spine tics is beyond me. 

My only guess is, it was never sold? Sat in a box in some pharmacy's storage room for 30 years until someone who knew how to take care of it discovered it?  

In any event, congratulations! That's a beautiful beautiful book. 

19 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Books like this blow my mind. Even when these books hit the shelves brand new, there were no boards or protection. Some 16 year old kid was unpacking them onto spinner racks so some 12 year old kid could buy it, read it, and toss it aside. 

How books survived 60+ in such amazing condition that guys like us debate over 2 spine tics is beyond me. 

My only guess is, it was never sold? Sat in a box in some pharmacy's storage room for 30 years until someone who knew how to take care of it discovered it?  

In any event, congratulations! That's a beautiful beautiful book. 

I bought this from my local comic shop who picked it up from an original owner collection. So whoever this collector was just kept it with the others I bought in amazing condition. It is crazy to think though!

On 9/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

PQ being "White" just means it's correctly colored for its age. I agree with CGC on that front.

Page quality designation can vary from grader to grader, and sometimes white means it's closer to white than any other color. I hope you find that interesting...