• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, circumstances said:

You've probably seen it. I've posted it on here several times over the years.

I have an extensive archive of every copy of Superman #1 (and other big books) that I can find. But I don’t always label them by owner, nor do I always know who owns them. So it’s very possible that I’ve seen it but forgotten who it came from.

1 hour ago, clarkkentdds said:

Circumstances,

When did you pick up that beauty? Do you have a story behind that book?

Is it unrestored? ... would love to hear.

Clark

I can't remember the exact year, but it was in the late 80's early 90's.

A local collector owned it, and a friend of mine had traded golden age with him before.

My friend either didn't have enough books the guy wanted to trade for the Superman 1, or he just wasn't interested in trading it at the time.

But my friend told me that he had a Superman 1.

Eventually he told me he might be willing to trade it.

I traded a Human Torch 1, a More Fun 67, a Circus, The Comic Riot #1, and some other books I can't recall.

It's unrestored.

As far as any back story to the book itself, prior to me getting it, I have no idea.

36 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Are all the books in your sig line unrestored ?

Terrific looking Superman 1. I could only wish.

Thanks!

The More Fun has amateur restoration, The Flash, Superman and All Star 3 are unrestored.

The Batman 1 was sold to me by Jerry Weist as unrestored, but it had some conservation done prior to that.

I traded for the AA 16 from Sam Fraser as a VG 4.0, spine roll, and sent it to Bill Sarill to have that taken out.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, circumstances said:

Thanks!

The More Fun has amateur restoration, The Flash, Superman and All Star 3 are unrestored.

The Batman 1 was sold to me by Jerry Weist as unrestored, but it had some conservation done prior to that.

I traded for the AA 16 from Sam Fraser as a VG 4.0, spine roll, and sent it to Bill Sarill to have that taken out.

Sam Fraser, there’s a name from the past. I bought and traded with him a lot in the 1980s

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Sam Fraser, there’s a name from the past. I bought and traded with him a lot in the 1980s

Did a lot of business with him in the late 70s, early 80s. Good dude.

Bought my first Centaur from him. Amazing Man 15 for like $20.

14 minutes ago, circumstances said:

That's cool.

I traded for my All American 16 from him, that is probably the only book I still have that came from him.

:bump:what number of superman you want me to show :news: besides 1 or 3 cant find my 3 and I know I have 1