• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, woowoo said:

(thumbsu Lets get back on topic. That's all I have on my pc :whatthe: have a lot of cards :whee:

Superman 2 CGC 6.0 D.jpg

Superman-6.jpg

Superman-14.jpg

Superman-15.jpg

Superman-Gum-Card-21-1940.jpg

What is that last item - a trading card of some sort? What is it’s history?

looks very cool

Edited by fishbone

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

What is that last item - a trading card of some sort? What is it’s history?

looks very cool

Yup 1940 superman cards here are some dup's I have around (thumbsuThey are cool.

Photo033.jpg

16 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Yet another thing now that I NEED to get ....  

And the back has the story. There is a reprint set you can get cheap but you better get to the getting prices are going up:roflmao:

Superman-Gum-Card-21-1940 bc.jpg

31 minutes ago, woowoo said:

And the back has the story. There is a reprint set you can get cheap but you better get to the getting prices are going up:roflmao:

Superman-Gum-Card-21-1940 bc.jpg

so cool - and I will need the originals......

I see a bunch on ebay, gotta get to work on them .............unless anyone here is selling any  ................

6 minutes ago, fishbone said:

so cool - and I will need the originals......

I see a bunch on ebay, gotta get to work on them .............unless anyone here is selling any  ................

To expensive to buy ? and cheap to sell (shrug) I have that problem a lot :makepoint:

13 hours ago, woowoo said:

Yup 1940 superman cards here are some dup's I have around (thumbsuThey are cool.

Photo033.jpg

I used to have a Superman Bread Card with the coupon attached.  Very rare.  Too bad it burned in the fire.  Here's a pic.  

Supermanbreadcardfront.jpg

Supermanbreadcardback.jpg

3 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I used to have a Superman Bread Card with the coupon attached.  Very rare.  Too bad it burned in the fire.  Here's a pic.  

Wow that's a keeper

Not as rare as Action #1 or Tec #27 but after nearly two decades of slabbing, there are still only 146 copies slabbed (59 Universal). I’m not sure how CGC accounts for conserved copies in their census. (shrug)

Nevertheless, the census is a testament to the book’s scarcity.

5873B8AF-3A6F-43B2-B434-C2B398170186.jpeg

As “ rare “ comics like AA 16, Flash 1, Whiz 2 , & Supes 2 have seen an increase in census numbers over the last 5 years Pep 22 is the only mega key to stay fairly flat ( a couple added maybe ?).  Any thoughts on the correlation between the census numbers fir Action 1 and Tec 27 ??  They are almost next and neck in total numbers 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

As “ rare “ comics like AA 16, Flash 1, Whiz 2 , & Supes 2 have seen an increase in census numbers over the last 5 years Pep 22 is the only mega key to stay fairly flat ( a couple added maybe ?).  Any thoughts on the correlation between the census numbers fir Action 1 and Tec 27 ??  They are almost next and neck in total numbers 

I’d have to comb through the census to view the numbers for all of the major books before I could give a more confident opinion.

But generally speaking, as prices for key GA books have gone up, there has been more incentive than ever to slab key books. I expect to continue to see more copies of Top-10 books slabbed in the coming years.

I don’t collect Archie, so I can’t really comment on that front.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, comicdonna said:

The 1940 cards are real cool but the bread cards are rarer than hens teeth. I have none of them. I do have a membership card and both of the badges though.

F3B7F18D-2377-4712-9328-F4A038176CE7.jpeg

On 5/16/2019 at 6:51 PM, thedude said:

"welcome back my friend, to the show that never ends"

had this book from 1992-2010, sold it to help payoff credit card debt, didn't want to, but kinda was hoping I'd own it or another nice copy again someday.

won in the last Clink auction, great looking 4.5 copy. back home once again where it belongs. :luhv:

ActionComics44.jpg

Awesome.  Congrats!