• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Bandelier said:

Here's a #12 that came out of a recent original owner estate find. There was also a coverless World's Finest #6 in the lot amongst other books... I'm now looking for that cover because the servicemen on that cover appear to be the same as the ones on this. Neat.

IMG_1698.jpg

Congrats on that classic WWII Supe! Here is mine. No high grade but it has an interesting pedigree. Came from the estate of Grim Natwick (Betty Boop creator). 

I was lucky enough to get in the first group of this sale. Was hoping to get some original Betty Boop original animation art. I quickly realized that wasn’t going to happen as it was scooped up quick. Walking into a back bedroom, I spotted a pile of early GA comics. This was in the pile. I just grabbed the whole box full. 

6DD8A389-827F-4A68-852D-BFDF5941CCB0.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Congrats on that classic WWII Supe! Here is mine. No high grade but it has an interesting pedigree. Came from the estate of Grim Natwick (Betty Boop creator). 

I was lucky enough to get in the first group of this sale. Was hoping to get some original Betty Boop original animation art. I quickly realized that wasn’t going to happen as it was scooped up quick. Walking into a back bedroom, I spotted a pile of early GA comics. This was in the pile. I just grabbed the whole box full. 

6DD8A389-827F-4A68-852D-BFDF5941CCB0.jpeg

Thank you! Great book and awesome story.... I love the hunt - have been in a few situations where an opportunity like that presents itself and it's best just to grab the whole thing and look at it later!

3 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Let's give this one a bump! I stopped collecting GA books once I finished my run, but when @Point Five scored this book off of eBay, I couldn't resist buying it from him. He's requested I keep the grade secret as he's intending a guess the grade contest or something like that. 

ac48f 6.0 no.jpg

My favorite cover ever, love this. :golfclap:

5 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Let's give this one a bump! I stopped collecting GA books once I finished my run, but when @Point Five scored this book off of eBay, I couldn't resist buying it from him. He's requested I keep the grade secret as he's intending a guess the grade contest or something like that. 

ac48f 6.0 no.jpg

Don't we usually see that book with only one staple?  Maybe I'm thinking of 63.  (shrug)(thumbsu

8 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

16359587657_f8891cbc49_c.jpg

I didn't realize this issue had a Super Lois story (adding to want-list...).  Care to share an inside photo?

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I didn't realize this issue had a Super Lois story (adding to want-list...).  Care to share an inside photo?

I would have to go to the secret vault and pull the book, which I can't do because I'm about to leave to go on a business trip.  Sorry about that.  Maybe someone else can do it...???

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I would have to go to the secret vault and pull the book, which I can't do because I'm about to leave to go on a business trip.  Sorry about that.  Maybe someone else can do it...???

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find it on one of those readcomicsonline sites...  with terrible resolution.

Here's one more I don't think I've shown.  In 1993 I was away from home working in Ca and ran into Dale Manesis (RIP) who was visiting a local comic shop trying to sell some GA books.  He came by my motel later and I bought this and a few other comics from him.

21742580076_868761a35c_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian