• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, comicjack said:

That book is older than us Robot :smile:

Ha, ha, ha... Yes it is!

My grandmother bought it for me when I was about 12. She was an antique hunter and I was the only grandchild who would go with her on her "jaunts". She paid a dollar for it. A lot of money for a comic in those days. We were at a swap meet and there it was all by it's self just laying on the ground. I had never seen a comic that old. I had no idea of the significance of it until many years later. A wonderful lady who saw my passion for comics and reading. She spoiled me a bit and rarely said no. I guess she is where I got the collecting bug. Still miss her.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Ha, ha, ha... Yes it is!

My grandmother bought it for me when I was about 12. She was an antique hunter and I was the only grandchild who would go with her on her "jaunts". She paid a dollar for it. A lot of money for a comic in those days. We were at a swap meet and there it was all by it's self just laying on the ground. I had never seen a comic that old. I had no idea of the significance of it until many years later. A wonderful lady who saw my passion for comics and reading. She spoiled me a bit and rarely said no. I guess she is where I got the collecting bug. Still miss her.

You always have a story behind your books and i had a grandmother i owe for my silver collection.She would give me 5 bucks a month which i put to good use i was in heaven :banana: