• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

great cover Bob, you got that from Meto at Chicago Con right ?

Yup, I posted it in my con report. No harm in double-dipping, right 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Metro graded it VG mainly because the cover is barely hanging on to the single staple, but a very solid book imo. The price was decent as well.

Great pickup on the Action 66! Cool cover. Do you plan on picking any more up?

I say the Supes #14 in the Heritage auction goes for about $2,300. The tough part about this auction is all the great stuff and to figure what book to really go after. There's probably 10 books I'd like, but can only afford to win one, maybe two. Too bad the auction end times aren't staggered so if you lose one you can still bid on another.

Oh, and mattbird, if I ever upgrade my Action 17 or 20 I'll let you know. The 17 is a CGC 2.5. The 20 is ungraded buts gets my "professional" estimate of a 3.5

I'm not crazy about that #44 in the Heritage auction. The cover is off-center, kinda dirty, and the foxing on the right in the logo area is ugly. I'd actually rather own thedude's 4.0 than this copy. It's a nice, clean copy. Now, the 31, 33, & 35 in the Heritage auction are pretty cool.

As for what I have, I currently have Supes 10-20, and Action 40, 43, 50, 52-63, 66, & 86.

Great pickup on the Action 66! Cool cover. Do you plan on picking any more up?

I'd love to get more war cover Actions in VGish type condition. I don't have a ton of money to spend so I can't really get the high grade or really early stuff.

I'd actually rather own thedude's 4.0 than this copy. It's a nice, clean copy.

ah, thanks NearMint, blush.gifblush.gif (by the way, it's a 4.5 gossip.gif)

NearMints got some awesome Actions and Superman books, amoung other books, really great stuff.

Edited by thedude

NearMints got some awesome Actions and Superman books, amoung other books, really great stuff.

Yeah, nearmint's Action 43 cgc 9.0 is one sweet book. hail.gif

Anyone see the Action 59 cgc "qualified" 8.0 on pedigree? Looks like a nice book, just a little too pricey. #59 is one of my favorite covers though and is high on my want list.

you, me and The Dude, all after the same books!

yes, how true, but those war covers are very cool.. just about every Action collector is going after the war covers...my guess is It's going to be a slow and expensive process seems like the war covers don't come up for sale too often.

Yes, the war covers have always been very popular for both the Action and Superman runs. One of my favorites which nobdy has yet to mention is the classic submarine periscope cover from Superman #23. Another book that very seldom comes into the market and when it does, seems to go for way over guide.

Anybody remember when the last time a high grade copy of Sups #23 was on the market and how much it went for?

Anybody remember when the last time a high grade copy of Sups #23 was on the market and how much it went for?

Heritage had a couple of sales in '04...an 8.0 that went for $1380, and an 8.5 that sold for $1667.50. In '03, they sold a 9.0 for $3220.

I sold an issue 23 in CGC 8.0 OW to W on comiclink for $2200 last year. Someone bought issue 13 17 21 23 24 and 29 all in one shot. BTW the Hertiage 8.5 is the same issue as the 8.0 but it was a resub (press?). As I recall it had some writing on the cover that interrupted the Superman title.