• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is used to be my happy place....
4 4

185 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I get overloaded with normal social situations, have OCD and spatial / distancing issues, even without the current pandemic complications. Most of my psychiatric support contacts recognise that extreme rumination about one or other factors that have disturbed me, a common trait in autism, makes the depressive effect spiral out of control, and after a phone chat,  to try and find something to take my mind off the stressor, in my case, read some comics, play a non-violent video game, listen to some relaxing music (no Slipknot in these circumstances).  And, I often visit or post on the boards as another more interactive, social form of distraction.

So, that’s a constructive reason for staying on here in these worrying times.

I agree 100%. Staying in contact with each other is extremely important. This board is a lifeline...

9 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Honestly, the 24-7 news cycle is mentally straining.. I now only check the news once a day and feel  much better..

With the BBC there’s really no need to keep watching as it’s basically a series of repeating news bulletins, over and over again through the day.

Not difficult to quickly get the gist of any developments and limit the strain.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Ok Boomer, let us know where to send the flowers.

the flowers can be sent to all airline and restaurant employees and tens of millions of those formerly employed in other fields whose jobs are never coming back...

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

the flowers can be sent to all airline and restaurant employees and tens of millions of those formerly employed in other fields whose jobs are never coming back...

so, you're willing to sacrifice yourself, my dad, my grandmother, my in-laws, anyone over 70, all smokers (but what will RJ Reynolds do without all those smokers to sell cancer sticks to? Bail out!) people that are immunocompromised. That's oh, 30-45 million people. Those acceptable losses so you can eat at the buffet and play the slots at the Mirage in Vegas any time you darn well please cuz this is 'Murica and no one dare tread on your precious freedoms?