• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is used to be my happy place....
4 4

185 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

With the world falling apart, I seem to have lost my desire to visit the boards as much as I used.

I hope this will change sooner than later but for now my heart isn’t in it, which is too bad as I love this hobby but other worries have taken over, especially when day to day life as we know seems to be changing every minute.

Stay safe everyone and hopefully life will return to normal sooner than later.

I'm stuck at home as we just got back from the USA...you can text me and entertain me :banana: 

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

i have read nothing from the majority of the media but one sided lies for many years now so it is hard to take this virus seriously

And here's a fairly reliable tip on how to spot it, for those relatively unskilled in reading people that are lying through their teeth, some more talented at it than others. An oral tell, aside from changes in their voice, body language, eye movement, and facial expression.  Anytime someone starts a sentence with the word "So....", more often than not every word that follows "So..." in the rest of that sentence, is a lie. "So....." is the new "uhhhhhhhhhh……". It's a stalling tactic. It gives the speaker a chance to gather and organize their lies prior to their delivery! :gossip:

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Hang in there,  (((Jeff))). Depression is going to be a big issue the next few weeks, for all of us.  I am good at a few things, staying home is not one of them. I've already cleaned the house, cooked meatballs, lentil soup, organized the pantry , made frozen dinners for 2 weeks and organized closets. I haven't quite mastered sitting still and I LOVE to read, but can't quite do it right now.

I went for a walk this afternoon and didn't see a soul around, it was like walking around in a bizarre Science Fiction movie. I keep saying that to friends, I feel like I'm in a bizarre Science Fiction movie, but I have asthma and I'm really trying to social distance right now. I really miss my friends and family, but we've been trying to check in by phone on a regular basis.

I find reading the forum makes me feel connected. OK, some of the threads are also a bad science fiction movie (seriously) but just seeing familiar names and comic book covers ground me a little more than I would be otherwise right now.

You don't have to be collecting at this specific moment to enjoy the connections you have in the hobby.  

I remember feeling disconnected after 9/11, at that time this chatboard was not around, but my friends were on the eBay chatboard and when I got home from lower Manhattan and signed on, I felt safer and more connected.

There is something in knowing that you are not alone in these trying times. There are a lot of nice people here who will be glad to talk to you by PM, or on threads.  You've always been a great asset here :foryou: Just take it one day at a time.

I was saying the same today to the wife has that 9/11 feel to it. We made it then and we will make it thru this America is like no other we fight and go on from here.But it has been like a sci-fi movie and we can always lose ourselves here for refuge (thumbsu

I am stuck with my family in the  house and our 1/11th of an acre for another 13 days. Yes, unless the guvment orders otherwise we may walk around the hood a little avoiding others, so we won't be genuine shut ins, but I am not inclined to do much more than that. I am supposed to be working from home 9-5 or 10-6. I do have work to do, so I should be ok. Will probably be visiting here a lot.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

Sooooo, you are telling me, I need to hole up in my home, sit around and read comics all day. 

Remind me again what the problem is? 

There might be a few more boardies joining the '1000 books in 2020' thread.  Now more feasible.

Don't overdo it though...

fcorigin2a.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

the flowers can be sent to all airline and restaurant employees and tens of millions of those formerly employed in other fields whose jobs are never coming back...

They'll be coming back. But it is going to be a rough few months.

4 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i have read nothing from the majority of the media but one sided lies for many years now so it is hard to take this virus seriously

Reread this in two weeks. See if you feel the same way.

And now for something completely different!

I never get enough of this video. You need to listen to the audio to get it.

Edited by VintageComics

25 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Fear is worse than the virus, relax!   If you walk outside and you realize you are seeing people dying after they throw up (Y: The Last Man #1) then be worried

Very true. As in the music thread over in the Water Cooler, and one song I posted there with the title, 'Language is a Virus'.

That is, online and TV articles provide easy access to conflicting, incendiary or inaccurate information which is widely disseminated in no time at all, a verbally-transmitted infection leading to so much extreme paranoia.

Edited by Ken Aldred