• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is used to be my happy place....
4 4

185 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

On Monday morning I left the supermarket with my resupplies and was waiting for a taxi to arrive.  Just as I was about to go over to get in, a motorcyclist mounted the pavement directly in front of me without slowing down, in order then to slam his brakes on and park at the store's cycle racks, missing me by a very, very small margin.  Because I'm ordinarily a bit disconnected from what's going on around me due to autism and was focused on the taxi, I was completely unaware of his approach and could easily have moved an inch or two straight into his path and been mowed down.  He just had an angry, 'screw-you' sort of look on his face and walked off.  Sometimes animals can be far worse risks than viruses, although I suspect the latter has a higher IQ in this case.

There's still the freak accident, Final Destination Effect in play during these difficult times.

He didn't hit you so no harm no foul.  Cut everyone some slack, many people are having a tough day worrying about their loved ones too.

1 minute ago, JJ-4 said:

Hard to read tone thru a text post but just the opposite, we should all be nicer to each other while we go thru this!

Thanks.

I got the tone by 1) assuming Britain has rules like America's, where you don't ride motorized vehicles on the sidewalks; 2) the description of the motorcyclist's actions after gaining the sidewalk; and 3) the description of the motorcyclist's actions after dismounting his steed.

Of course, this could all be fiction (although I doubt it), but either way, that is how the stage was set for us.

:)

-slym

1 hour ago, JJ-4 said:

Hard to read tone thru a text post but just the opposite, we should all be nicer to each other while we go thru this!

Thanks.

I totally agree.

That also includes the individuals out there who treat others’ well-being with total contempt. The level of anger, frustration and hostility I encountered was far beyond just rude.  Same observation with the two very thoughtful people who coughed all over me in the same store earlier today, despite being fully aware by now of the possible consequences of that behaviour. 

I really despair.

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 hours ago, slym2none said:

Isn't TV life great? Too bad reality is never just like that...

-slym

Seriously, shouldn't dobie have been krappping his pants about being drafted for nam???

"Some of you are thinking you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight, they all say that, until they're out there. [He picks up a sword.] Thrust this into another man's chest, and the crowd will applaud and love you for it. In time, you may even begin to love them for that. Ultimately, we're all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose how, but...we can decide how we meet that end, so that we are remembered...as men.  -- Proximo

On 3/17/2020 at 9:27 PM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

so, you're willing to sacrifice yourself, my dad, my grandmother, my in-laws, anyone over 70, all smokers (but what will RJ Reynolds do without all those smokers to sell cancer sticks to? Bail out!) people that are immunocompromised. That's oh, 30-45 million people. Those acceptable losses so you can eat at the buffet and play the slots at the Mirage in Vegas any time you darn well please cuz this is 'Murica and no one dare tread on your precious freedoms?

Yikes

This is what a lady posted on Facebook during the quarantine. I thought it was funny and innocent. I really hope we get through this. I can see alot of moods have turned sour, but we have to hope for the best. This virus won't defeat us.

"I'm just sittin around making soups and eating bread and desserts and getting all fat and sassy"

Edited by Hollywood1892

9 hours ago, Crops068 said:
9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Does it fit you? lol 

Like I have ever tried it on?  NOPE.  But with my gigantic noggin I highly doubt it.

Norwegian square-head? (shrug)

19 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm just sittin around making soups and eating bread and desserts and getting all fat and sassy

Chris.

You know I like you...I mean, I know,  you know that right?

But you're starting to channel somebody that Board protocol prevents me from naming. Somebody who has turned the inane into their own personal artform.

Don't do that. (tsk)

You're better than that bro.

You know it makes sense. :foryou:

59 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Moral of the story:

Doesn't matter how bad the situation, some humans will be wonderful, some will be d**ks.

That is the human condition.

And that's DIVERSITY .

5 hours ago, slym2none said:

No excuse to be rude.

(shrug)

-slym

This is true. Coincidentally, curtesy can be just as contagious as any virus!   hm 

If Politenessman were there and saw him narrowly miss running you over, then not even have the manners to excuse himself and beg your indulgence, he would have hurled his steel hanky at him!

Edited by James J Johnson