• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 White $3500
3 3

10 posts in this topic

First off, yes, I am on the Probation List (have never asked to be removed even though all transactions were made good over a decade ago). And yes I have indicated multiple times in the years since, that I have no plans to be doing ongoing sales on these boards. Those things have not changed.

But I have been offering this book on consignment for a customer of my shop for a bit, and circumstances have led to wanting to get him his cut sooner rather than later. So I am offering it here at a discount and wiping out the bulk of what my cut would have been on the book to do that.

As I don't want to dredge up any ill will about the Probation List, I will ship the book first. You pay me after you receive it.

It's a gorgeous copy, with top 5% color, maybe top 1% color. I have included a pic with a current Wolverine #1 atop the slab so you have a reference for how deep the colors are on this copy. It really, really pops in person. No pale orange here.

IMG_8027.thumb.JPG.b90ab8a2bbbd5f26f3d1862e4ffd2328.JPG

$3500 shipped USPS insured. Payment by check or cashier's check only. No PayPal.

Because I am shipping first (and taking a check), I won't be automatically accepting the first "I'll take it" from a random account with limited history. And sorry to potential international customers, but my goal is to take care of my consignor quickly, so domestic only on this one. I don't want to make him wait extra weeks. If you have a domestic board friend who wants to do you a solid and buy and reship for you that's fine. But unless your name is greggy, you'll need to have someone else do the buy and you settle up with them. (Greggy, if you want this book, you can come in person already. I'm tired of holding all these sweet sweet DCs for you). Oh and no returns. I mean, you're getting the book before you even pay, why would you need to return it?

So all in all it's a transaction with some unusual circumstances, but it's also a gorgeous 8.5 Hulk 181 for a bit less than what 8.0s are currently fetching.

IMG_8025.thumb.jpg.e68094023b9b79e9fc6f385ef11330cc.jpgIMG_8026.thumb.jpg.6f4cc1ab9ce33b0522d5e1ec9c034717.jpg

Listen, as a long time critic of House, I think the SOL has run, and given my interactions over the years, the contrition he's shown, and his efforts to make restitution, I think he's paid his due. I know others may feel differently.

That said, as mentioned above, be careful who you make this deal with.  

After an avalanche of PMs, I have a deal set for in-person pickup this week which is definitely the fastest payment for my consignor. Thanks to everyone who replied and PM’d. Appreciate the help getting my customer paid.

you lost me at, 'But unless your name is greggy.'  You should never start a sentence with that :sumo: [Emoji is correct] like never, ever, no exceptions.  I feel pretty spry for being dead and gone though.

:hi: hope all is well, are you in SF now?

38 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

After an avalanche of PMs, I have a deal set for in-person pickup this week which is definitely the fastest payment for my consignor. Thanks to everyone who replied and PM’d. Appreciate the help getting my customer paid.

What about my above post where I posted an :takeit:?

Does this not take precendence? 

54 minutes ago, jbud73 said:

you lost me at, 'But unless your name is greggy.'  You should never start a sentence with that :sumo: [Emoji is correct] like never, ever, no exceptions.  I feel pretty spry for being dead and gone though.

:hi: hope all is well, are you in SF now?

Nevada

BTW, I was planning on travelling there in August but it all depends on the situation at that time. 

@lighthouse