• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness - Round of 24
3 3

122 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

A 39?  There was no way I was going to beat the master but I really undergraded these puppies.  Good luck going forward Az

Ditto with the 39. I way undergraded the ASM and Eternals. I thought the supersized scans showed too many flaws. I gave the MS a 4.0 because of the stain on the back cover. I nailed the TTA.

29 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

Ditto with the 39. I way undergraded the ASM and Eternals. I thought the supersized scans showed too many flaws. I gave the MS a 4.0 because of the stain on the back cover. I nailed the TTA.

i went:

7.5  - kept seeing more defects the bigger the scans got.  Was thinking 8.0 but thought 7.5 was safer

7.5 - looked a little worse then the 1st book but looked about the same to me

4.0 - I guess I over hammered the staining but i was close

8.0 - looked much nicer then the 1st two so i couldn't go lower then 8.0

Pretty happy with my grading on this round...felt my score was good enough to win even if Comicdey had submitted his grades... :headbang:

ASM Settled on 9.0 pretty quickly...and debated an 8.5 with the scrunchie at the top corner but felt it still deserved a 9.0.  Bullseye!

ET1 Thinking 9.0 at the outset and thought there was enough going on to slide it down to an 8.5.  Didn't try to overthink this one.  Bullseye!

MS Went 6.5/6.0 on initial viewing (grade the book the highest score you can give it)...went further down the scale to 5.5/5.0 on the large scans.  Asked myself is it a 4.5 or 5.0 and settled on the 5.0.

TTA  Thought initially could be as high as 9.0/8.5 but after closer inspection figured 8.0/7.5...settled on the 8.0. 

On to Azkaban and the Round of 12...#9 seed vs #10 seed...should be a close match!  Better get into the gym early today for some extra workout...

15 minutes ago, sckao said:

TIEBREAKER NEEDED

@JollyComics [52] vs @01TheDude [52]

cgc-2020-march-madness-bracket--A7.jpg

cgc-2020-march-madness-bracket--B7.jpg

Congratulations to the rest of the Field of 12 who are advancing. :applause:

I just finished my pre-dawn shift. You can see the load inside the truck.

C60DC091-BCA6-4154-8D96-D600233721BE.thumb.jpeg.74b36de837d72b8477efd0dd83a33053.jpeg

I will be home in 30 minutes and give me an hour before I will submit the grade. What a cruel morning for me.

1 hour ago, trmoore54 said:

Pretty happy with my grading on this round...felt my score was good enough to win even if Comicdey had submitted his grades... :headbang:

ASM Settled on 9.0 pretty quickly...and debated an 8.5 with the scrunchie at the top corner but felt it still deserved a 9.0.  Bullseye!

ET1 Thinking 9.0 at the outset and thought there was enough going on to slide it down to an 8.5.  Didn't try to overthink this one.  Bullseye!

MS Went 6.5/6.0 on initial viewing (grade the book the highest score you can give it)...went further down the scale to 5.5/5.0 on the large scans.  Asked myself is it a 4.5 or 5.0 and settled on the 5.0.

TTA  Thought initially could be as high as 9.0/8.5 but after closer inspection figured 8.0/7.5...settled on the 8.0. 

On to Azkaban and the Round of 12...#9 seed vs #10 seed...should be a close match!  Better get into the gym early today for some extra workout...

My guesses were exactly like yours Tom except I graded the ASM 9.2.  Identical otherwise.

I had

ASM 9.0- yeahhhhhh

Eternals 7.0- oucchhhhhh. Thought the corners and edges were too rough. Sometimes large scans have me overanalyzing. I can tell you the last grading contest we had I did okay and did NOT view large scans

MS 5.5- Thought it looked better. I also called this one having the resto...did I catch the right spot between the words "spotlight" and "on" there was a black spot that looks different coloured than the rest. Any confirmation @BlowUpTheMoon just to stroke this losers ego :)

TTA 7.5- yeahhhhhh

And I lost. Congrats @Wipple

Edited by comicginger1789

4 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

Sorry I gave you an easy win. Man been heavily distracted.  Congrats on all that made it through.

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I had

ASM 9.0- yeahhhhhh

Eternals 7.0- oucchhhhhh. Thought the corners and edges were too rough. Sometimes large scans have me overanalyzing. I can tell you the last grading contest we had I did okay and did NOT view large scans

MS 5.5- Thought it looked better. I also called this one having the resto...did I catch the right spot between the words "spotlight" and "on" there was a black spot that looks different coloured than the rest. Any confirmation @BlowUpTheMoon just to stroke this losers ego :)

TTA 7.5- yeahhhhhh

And I lost. Congrats @Wipple

I saw the spot you are referring to, but I think there is another spot in the red next to his right elbow (terrible color match...looks pink).  Also, there are multiple touch-ups along the spine in black.  Anyone else find these?

1 hour ago, Motor City Rob said:

I saw the spot you are referring to, but I think there is another spot in the red next to his right elbow (terrible color match...looks pink).  Also, there are multiple touch-ups along the spine in black.  Anyone else find these?

oooo the dreaded color touch?! I'll have to go back and take a look.