• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action comic #1

22 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Thejeweler said:

So. This came across my desk this morning and I’m interested in it but I’m super new with comic book collecting. Wanted to get opinions on this book. 

CE1ECF85-4784-4B00-91A3-083CFDC66D1E.jpeg

I think you should probably give us a few more specifics on what type of opinions you're looking for, and maybe what your concerns are.

If you're just looking for a price, consider using sold prices on ebay.

If you need more information about what's in the comic, just run a google search.

If you want more information about what CGC is, they have a company website (also can google)

I hope you didn't over pay for this book and read that title is a reprint and worth maybe 50-100$ in that grade.

Edited by Krismusic

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Pretty sure it's more than that.

not that issue I see raw high grades going for 30$ 

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

It ain't easy getting HG copies of AC1 reprints. I've done my research on this particular comic.

it depends on the year of the reprint the 1988 one and 1992 one isn't worth a ton.. the 1976 one is has value. 

I can post another one I saw for 19.99 US. there are two on eBay might want to snatch them up then.(shrug)

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

it depends on the year of the reprint the 1988 one and 1992 one isn't worth a ton.. the 1976 one is has value. 

I can post another one I saw for 19.99 US. there are two on eBay might want to snatch them up then.(shrug)

You're posting raws, though.

CGC'd HG AC1 reprints aren't cheap.

If I am getting a reprint, I wouldn't pay $100 for one, even if graded. Maybe it is worth that or slightly more but I have a feeling one would sit on that for a loooonnng time. 

If the original poster gets it for $50 or less, go for it. Anything more, and just buy a raw copy. You can still share it and, best of all, actually read it :)^^

image.thumb.png.5b2abc218125158de92ca97f393e140d.png

95$ asking for a 9.4 I can look further but I am sure if you can get a HG copy for 20$ not many people will slab. His is also a 9.6 not a 9.8 so I feel confident in my prices I put out... 

image.thumb.png.67b3be9a20d6f21331f3779d3bcc6443.png

sorry last one was a bid this ones a BIN from a Canadian seller so that's like 5$ US lol 

5 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

image.thumb.png.5b2abc218125158de92ca97f393e140d.png

95$ asking for a 9.4 I can look further but I am sure if you can get a HG copy for 20$ not many people will slab. His is also a 9.6 not a 9.8 so I feel confident in my prices I put out... 

As a rule, Ebay prices which have zero bids are useless for establishing prices... unless you want to know what prices sit with zero bids.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

As a rule, Ebay prices which have zero bids are useless for establishing prices... unless you want to know what prices sit with zero bids.

yeah sorry was doing it very fast wasn't digging deep this is why I replaced it with a Canadian seller I saw with a 9.6 so same book with 150CDN BIN so aprox 100 US with current exchange rates.. just saying this is off eBay and I havent seen much go for 2x what I was stating..