• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Cover Question

7 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

If you had multiple covers and only one of them had restoration (let's say color touch) would you still get a blue label? I'm assuming you would. I've never had multiple covers, but was just curious.

Wow. This was a tough one to find examples for, and I personally don't remember seeing a multiple cover book with restoration. The only example I found was a double cover book, but it didn't specify which cover had the restoration. It just gave the normal restoration info along with the grade of each cover. So apparently (pun not intended) you can receive a purple label for a book that has more than one cover...

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Wow. This was a tough one to find examples for, and I personally don't remember seeing a multiple cover book with restoration. The only example I found was a double cover book, but it didn't specify which cover had the restoration. It just gave the normal restoration info along with the grade of each cover. So apparently (pun not intended) you can receive a purple label for a book that has more than one cover...

Thank you for the information! 

2 hours ago, DNA 10010 said:

How about this....

If it's on the outermost cover it's not a Purple because you could rip that cover off.

If it's on the interior most cover then it is a Purple because you can't tear that cover off.

I can understand that logic even if I shudder at the thought of it...  :fear:

Edited by The Lions Den